• A two hour hands-on bread making course
• Learn from specialist chefs including former Masterchef contestant Ann Hood
• Tasters of the breads and chilled water will be served
• Course notes and recipes to take home
• You'll be joining a group of up to 20 guests on the day
• Choose from the following class options
Class Option 1
• Orange Brioche Plait
• Chocolate Brioche rolls with hot chocolate sauce
• Walnut and raisin bread
• Dough sticks and home made sweet chilli sauce
• Tear and share with fresh garlic butter
Class Option 2
• Mediterranean breads with antipasti
• Light rye with homemade chive butter
• Ciabatta with olive oil and reduced balsamic dips
• Sough Dough
• Homemade mozzarella and caramelised red onion flat bread
What Can I Expect
Get your dough and mixing skills up to scratch with these baking lessons! Want to learn about bread and making it yourself? Always fancied creating some of those more unusual breads? Well these two hour sessions will immerse you into the wonderfully warming world of freshly baked breads - after all, who can deny how tantalising that aroma of fresh bread in the oven is?
Now you might think it's all very time consuming making your own loaves at home. We suspect this is what puts a lot of people off and gets them reaching for the sliced white on the supermarket shelves. On the contrary in fact, as this lesson will show you. With the correct ingredients and the right technique, you can whizz up a loaf in no time at all, without the need for kneading in many cases.
In fact, the expert bread-makers who run these lessons have all got a very effective, if slightly unconventional approach to making and baking their bread, but once the method has been demonstrated to you, you'll be itching to give it a go yourself. Of course, we couldn't possibly give it away here, but you'll be amazed at the results.
The bread bakers, including school owner Ann, make sure that all explanations are very clear, so the techniques and recipes are easy to follow. You'll also be taught various clever tricks and knacks that'll stop you getting into a sticky mess with your dough and ensuring the perfect crust every time.
Like we said, it’s not a conventional white sliced loaf that you'll be baking. The oven will be constantly on the go with the likes of focaccia, ciabatta, flat breads, dough sticks, brioche and even delicious home-made pizzas. Just imagine the yummy smells that'll be wafting around the kitchen as you work on your mouthwatering sweet and savoury breads.
If you do sign up to learn all about making bread, make sure you arrive hungry, as you’ll be sampling all the goods that come out of the oven. Just so tempting. Whether it's dipped in a nice olive oil, toasted with lashings of good butter spread over it, or simply eaten as it is, you will love the fruits of your bread baking labour, all of which taste as good as they look.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Sessions generally start at 10am and 2pm
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Minimum age is 18
• Courses are not suitable if you have a nut allergy
• Unfortunately spectators are not permitted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Bread baked can be enjoyed during the session and cannot be taken home
• Essex, Chelmsford CM3
• London, Canary Wharf E14
• Windsor, SL4 - Weekends only