• Half or full day cookery class
• Choose from a wide range of cookery courses, from chocolate making and bread making, to French Brasserie, there's a course to suit everyone
• Light lunch and refreshments are included
• Meat & Poultry
• Fish & Shellfish
• International Dishes
What Can I Expect
These top-rated cookery courses at the renowned Swinton Park cookery school are certainly experiences worth savouring. Mixing fun and flavour in equal measure, each food-filled session shows you how to make delicious meals for every occasion, as well as baking and seasonal treats too.
Set in the converted Georgian stables of the stately Swinton Park at Masham in North Yorkshire, it’s the perfect venue for a cookery school. The large open-plan kitchen has been designed in a farmhouse shaker style, with lots of granite worktop space and big arched windows overlooking the courtyard and the adjacent castle hotel.
Cookery courses are hosted by the super talented, award-winning chef tutor Kevin Hughes and supported by his team of gastronomic gurus. Kevin is passionate about food. Having grown up in South East Asia and worked as chef lecturer at Leeds City College, he champions a diverse food culture and appreciates the heritage and flavours of the Yorkshire Dales too.
The ethos of this cookery school is very much local and seasonal produce, making the most of Yorkshire's world-wide reputation for farming and food. Many of the fresh ingredients used come from Swinton Park’s own walled kitchen garden, with meat and fish coming from further afield on the same estate. What could be better than cooking venison or preparing trout from Swinton’s very own farm and lake?
And indeed, all palates are catered for with this fine range of cookery courses. From creating that perfect choux to honing your knife skills prepping seasonal veg, there’s bound to be lesson to whet your appetite. Each class is hands-on and inclusive from the word go. So if you’re on a bread baking course, expect to be kneeing that dough and if you’re making the ultimate brunch, you’ll be cracking those eggs for that full Yorkshire breakfast spread.
We are offering midweek and weekend half day courses at Swinton Park cookery school, as well as full day courses. This is thoroughly inspiring modern cuisine with more than a nod to Swinton Park’s Yorkshire heritage. You will love making truly spectacular dishes using the freshest ingredients, all with the enthusiasm and informal approach of your chef tutor Kevin.
• All dates are subject to availability
• Courses start at 10:00 (arrival at 09:45)
• Half days finish around 13:30 and full days approximately 15:30
Half Day Cookery
• Weekday only or Anytime vouchers (valid for use at weekends as well) are available
Full Day Cookery
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Swinton Park Cookery School is located on the Swinton Estate, on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales