• A hands-on cookery class lasting around 3 hours 30 minutes
• Learn how to hold and use a number of everyday knives
• Knife demonstration with experienced chefs
• Tips on chopping, slicing, pureeing, dicing and many more
• Recipe booklets to take home
• Produce a 3 course dinner and bread that you will get to enjoy at the end
• All facilities, equipment, ingredients and wine is provided
• You will form part of a group of up to 20 participants
What Can I Expect
Loads of you budding cooks have requested a knife skills class, so here it is! If you love cooking, but lack the knife skills, this evening course in London will teach you how to use and look after the sort of kitchen knife sets that chefs always have. And once you’ve prepped, it’ll all be cooked into a lovely meal for you all to sit down and eat together.
Kitchen knife skills are what set the professional chef apart from the amateur cook. You’ve seen how quickly those TV chefs chop and dice, with every single morsel seemingly perfectly formed (and with no injuries either). Now it’s your chance to pick up these clever cooking knife skills for yourself. Be prepared to chop, slice and dice your way through veg galore to get ready for your foodie feast.
Of course, proper kitchen knives are super sharp and need to be handled with care. That’s the first thing you’ll learn on these courses. And once you know how to hold the knife, it’s also important to be shown how to hold what you’re actually chopping too. Once you’ve got these two basic skills down, you’ll be ready to start prepping the ingredients for the meal.
And if you thought chopping vegetables was just about cutting them into pieces, think again. There’s julienne (the long, matchstick shapes), chiffonade (thin ribbons of things like cabbage) and even brunoise (which is super finely diced) to master. With the help of your expert chef hosts, you’ll learn all these chopping techniques and styles.
Once everything has been finely diced and sliced, chef will start cooking up the ingredients into a tasty evening meal. Having finished using the knives, you’ll hear all about blade care and knife sharpening, to add another string to your new-found knife skills.
As you all sit down to tuck into your meal, you’ll see how learning a few classic knife skills at this class can simply transform your culinary presentation. All those neatly chopped ingredients can make a basic recipe stand out and be worthy of any pro chef’s private dining table. Time to get chopping!
• Selected weekday dates throughout the year, subject to availability
• Courses usually run from 7pm - 10:30pm
• Minimum age 18
• Vegetarian and dietary requirements can be catered for on request
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Wandsworth, South West London