Classic cars such as Jaguars and Aston Martins are as quintessentially British as rain on a Bank Holiday and strawberries and cream. Now here's your chance to drives these classics and many other marques of vintage car. Our collection of American and British classic car drives is sure to raise a true sense of nostalgia to delight young and old.
And whilst many of these experiences take place on race tracks, we also have some very special open road treats for classic car fans. Imagine driving a gorgeous classic motor on the public roads for that drive in the country. If you take your experience at a smooth tarmac circuit surface it’s all about making the most of the handling and power in a world free from traffic lights and speed cameras. If you head to the open road it’s the simple glory of feeling free with the wind in your hair. Decisions, decisions! Read more...
• Drive five different classic cars on open roads • Choose between Welsh border or Cotswolds routes • Fuel, insurance, lunch & event back up all included • A full day out driving stunning classic sports cars
• Best value vintage car hire & drive packages • Drive on a self-guided 60min tour in a classic car • Full fleet of classic cars for you to choose from • Fill all available seats in the car at no extra cost
• Drive one or two great classics at Heyford Park • 6 laps in the Mustang & six in a Jag as an add-on • America meets England with the classic car duo option • Friends & family invited to watch the motoring fun
• Drive two great British coupés out on the track • This experience pitches Aston Martin against Jaguar • The classic E-Type coupe vs the modern DB9 • A British motoring match made in heaven in Heyford
• Drive a classic Jensen Interceptor on public roads • Hire the car for 24hrs or over a three-day weekend • Includes daily mileage allowance of 150 miles • Drive this rare 1974 fastback roadster sports coupe
• Hire a classic 1960s Ford Mustang for 24 hours • Drive on the open roads around Lewes & East Sussex • There are coupes, fastbacks & convertibles to hire • A short familiarisation drive before you head off
• Drive classic cars in the Forest of Dean area • Route takes in quiet roads around this stunning area • You will drive a total of five different cars • The 160-mile itinerary includes all fuel and lunch
There’s something quite magical about classic cars. All of these vehicles are veterans of the road and while it's true to say they lack modern motoring aids such as ABS braking, power steering and reverse parking cameras, there's something incredibly involving about driving these motors. You'll be harking back to an era when you really had drive these cars to get the best out them.
Looking round whilst stuck in the line of morning commuters to get on the motorway every morning, you'd be forgiven for saying modern motoring is dull. All the body shapes look the same, it's all about fuel economy, energy efficiency and driver aids these days. With these experiences we are taking you back to a classic age when 'going out for a drive' was a rather spiffing way to while away a Sunday afternoon and the cars were full of character.
Who can deny the romance of the timeless Aston Martin DB4? Who wouldn't agree that the Jaguar E-Type is beautiful (and in fact this very sleek car still regularly wins 'best looking car' polls?) Who could deny that the original Mini changed the world of city motoring? Plunge yourself into the lost world of car ownership from the halcyon days of the 1960s when the British automotive design and engineering industry led the world and manufacturing plants were working at full capacity.
Vintage open-top motoring
It’s worth noting that several of these vintage motors are roadsters, so when the sun's shining driving with the top down is a must do and you can cruise the track or the roads posing like the best of them in your convertible. And just imagine the sounds swirling around you as you accelerate away from the lights. Pure bliss.
We've waxed lyrical about the British-ness of these experiences, but there are also a couple of American boys in on the act too, featuring the impressive Mustang. This car is a US vintage motoring at its best - the obligatory big, throaty, growly V8 engine and the aggressive larger than life styling definitely makes these vehicles stand out amongst the pack.
As for where you'll be going in these classic cars, it'll be track or road. We can highly recommend the experiences at Goodwood, the historic driving circuit that's synonymous with period cars, being host to the Revival festival.
Our other top tip is a roadtrip in a veteran car with picnic included. And to give you a taste of what you can expect, watch our open road classic car driving video - an impressive collection of motors, we think you’ll agree! All you need now are the leather driving gloves and not only will you have the right car in your hands, but you'll look the part too.