• Drive a 1970 Dodge Charger
• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• 3 or 6 miles driving the Dodge Charger
• Allow up to one hour on site for this experience
• This spec of car appeared in the 2001 film 'The Fast and Furious'
• Power Unit: 426 Hemi V8
• Horsepower: 425bhp
• 0-60mph: 4.9 seconds
• Top speed: 145 mph
What Can I Expect
It’s like you’re driving Dom’s signature car on this Dodge Charger driving experience! The street racing leader’s 1970 Dodge Charger R/T was a car very much close to his heart. These brilliant experiences will see you driving a 1970 Charger that’s been done up to look just like Dominic Toretto’s pride and joy.
We learnt in the first Fast and The Furious film that Dom and his Dad built this impressive customised Charger, complete with supercharger attached to the bonnet. Claiming a mighty 900bhp, this beast from 1970 would do a quarter-mile straight line in just nine seconds. And that record was set by Dom’s Dad.
Since his Father’s death, Dom keeps their precious Charger in the garage, too scared to drive it. But as you might have guessed, by the end of that first film, Dom is seen roaring along the Los Angeles streets in his fabled supercharged Dodge. Despite being crashed multiple times, the Charger rises from the ashes and features in several of the Fast and Furious films, along with other second generation Chargers.
With all the car chases and stunts these cars endured, the production team got through so many Dodge Chargers that they ended up styling up earlier models and totally rebuilding wrecks to be able to supply the many show-stopper scenes starring the Charger.
We’re thanking our lucky American stars then, that this particular 1970 Dodge Charger has been beautifully restored as a faithful replica of that modified model in the Toretto family garage. It’s a true beast and best driven on the track, which is exactly what you’ll be doing on the sessions. Your Dodge Charger driving experience is offered at several circuits around the UK and you choose between a three-mile blast or a six-mile thrill.
• Selected weekday dates throughout the year, subject to availability
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Upgrades to include weekends are available for £25 payable when booking your date
• Minimum age 17
• A full UK driving licence is required
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• This is not suitable if you have suffered back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The vehicle used in this experience is an authentic Dodge Charger however it was not used in the filming of Fast and Furious 1
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Circuit, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Heritage, Oxfordshire (Limited Availability)
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Honnington, Suffolk
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Sywell Aerodrome, Northampton
• Tibenham Circuit, Norfolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
Premium circuit upgrades available for a supplement, payable directly at the time of booking:
• Castle Combe (£25 upgrade supplement) Adults only
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey (£35 upgrade supplement) Limited availability
• All locations are subject to change