A Jaguar E Type driving experience including:
• Welcome and registration
• Tea or coffee on arrival for the driver
• Classroom style safety briefing
• 3 or 6 miles driving the Jaguar E Type
• A certificate on completion
What Can I Expect
It's all about the retro 60s style on this Jaguar driving day! Will leather driving gloves, a nice pair of Farah slacks and original Ray Bans be your attire of choice for this E-Type experience?
Whilst the outfits from this era are probably best forgotten, the design of this car is eternally in fashion. Even some of today's Jaguars still boast that nice long bonnet and distinctive wheel-arch curves that were first seen on the E-Type. Just getting the chance to get up close to one of these Jaguars models is a privilege, let alone actually driving one!
Brit-born designer Malcolm Sayer was an engineer. He was enthralled by the concept of aerodynamics and he was a pioneer, using his experience in this field and applying it to car design. That is why the E-Type is so sleek and gorgeous. Not only does it look superb, the theory behind the style is all there, to make it a truly thrilling driving experience.
But of course, it's not so much what’s under the bonnet that strikes you first, it's all about those incredible looks. Even Enzo Ferrari graciously admitted it was the world's 'most beautiful car'. So will you be enchanted by the E-Type on your Jaguar driving day?
And yes, it might be from another decade, but the performance figures still very much add up in today's market. The impressive 4.2l Jaguar engine roars into life on your driving day with 265bhp and a very respectable top speed of 150mph.
Your Jaguar driving day gives you the chance to enjoy an E-Type experience on a fast-paced track. And let's face it, it's not every day you get the chance to drive an E-Type Jaguar, so make sure you savour the moment your name is called out, you walk over to the open door of the Jag and slide into the all-leather driving seat…it's time for your three or six miles is sheer motoring heaven!
• Events run on selected Fridays and Saturdays between March and November
• Special offer vouchers are valid for selected Fridays only
• Full UK driving licence must be shown on the day
• Minimum age 17
• Minimum height 5ft
• Maximum height 6ft 6"
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Children, friends and family are welcome at no extra charge
• Cameras are welcome
• Facilities include a picnic area, heated hospitality suite, seated briefing area and catering facilities
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit cards will need to be provided with a £5000 limit or about for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Leicestershire: Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Lutterworth
• Oxfordshire: Bicester Circuit, Upper Heyford
• Wigan: Three Sisters Circuit, Ashton-in-Makerfield
Upgrade Options (payable when booking your date)
• Wiltshire: Castle Combe Circuit, Chippenham - £25 (full licence required)
• Surrey: Dunsfold Circuit - £35