E-Type Jaguar Experience
• Welcome, introduction and track briefing
• 4 coaching laps at the wheel of the Honda Civic Type R
• Demonstration drive by your instructor
• 6 driving laps of the iconic E-Type Jaguar
• You will be driving on the 1.3 mile International Circuit – the professional race-standard tarmac circuit
Debrief with driver assessment and certificate
• Please allow approximately 2 hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
Drive the Jaguar E Type sports car which, when launched at the 1961 Geneva Motor Show, was an instant sensation and still is today. Its stylish design with long, low lines was iconic of the times; a British design which perfectly reflected the optimism, glamour and dynamism of 1960s Britain and now it's your chance to drive the E Type at the circuit in Fife.
Once you are signed in, there is a safety briefing and trackcraft talk from the professional instructors. Once kitted out, you will make your way to the pit lane.
Your first driving session consists of 4 laps of the professional race circuit in a sporty saloon car. With an instructor at your side, you will soon relax and start to really appreciate the racing lines and braking points.
After a break and time to watch the other drivers in your group, you will be out on the track for your second session in the hotseat. This time, you will drive 6 laps in the E-Type and with encouragement from the instructor you will really start to progress and feel like you are flying round the track.
Your experience ends with a driver debrief and presentation of assessments and certificates. More classic car experiences are available, please see our main section on classic cars for more information.
• Sessions are offered weekdays only, on selected dates.
• The experience runs March to October but may extend to all year
• All drivers must hold a full UK or European driving licence and able to drive a manual car
• As long as you can drive a normal car there are no height or weight restrictions
• Drivers should dress for comfort and the outdoors - such as jeans and trainers
• Spectators are welcome, no charge.
• There are good views of the track used for the Jaguar experience
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• As a renowned race circuit Knockhill has very good facilities with toilets and refreshments on site during experience days
• Knockhill Race Circuit, Scotland