Sports car hire, supercar rental and vintage car hire - this is what motoring was made for! Experience the pure pleasure of these self-drive tours, where you get to take fabulous vehicles out on a bit of a jaunt on the public roads. Yep, you’ll be leaving the confines of the track behind, to discover how these cars drive on real roads.
Cruising the quiet country lanes, enjoying the greenery and scenery as you drive, it’s little wonder these classic car hire packages are so popular with keen motorists. And as well as the sheer honour of being able to drive the superb sports car you’ve hired, most tours also give you plenty of opportunity for refuelling stops for both you and the car in some very picturesque spots. Sheer bliss - especially if it’s a warm sunny day and you’re driving with the top down. Read more...
• Choose between a 4 & 8-hour self-drive car tour • Explore Worcestershire, the Cotswolds & Wales • Drive your choice of car for the duration of the hire • Pick one of the selected routes and off you go!
• Drive classic getaway cars from decades gone by! • You'll be out on the open roads in Worcestershire • Includes the ultimate getaway car the Mk II Jaguar • One free passenger place included with each voucher
• Themed on-road classic car hire packages • Setting off from the HQ in Redditch, Worcestershire • Follow the SatNav on your 20-mile tour in each car • Drive these fab cars yourself on the public roads!
• A choice of guided tours in classic cars from Redditch • Drive three different classic cars during the afternoon • Both tours are round trips on open roads • Driver only or driver + passenger vouchers offered
• Hire a classic 1960s Ford Mustang for 24 hours • Drive on the open roads around Lewes & East Sussex • There are coupes, fastbacks & convertibles to hire • A short familiarisation drive before you head off
• Drive five different classic cars on open roads • Two different Cotswolds itineraries to choose from • Fuel, insurance & event back up all included • A full day out driving stunning classic sports cars
When you think of car rental, you often think of a pretty insipid four-door hatchback that you just use to get you from the airport to your destination of choice when you’re away on business or on hols. These sports car hire deals from IntotheBlue couldn’t be any more different. We’re talking supercar rentals, classic cars, vintage motors and more all at your disposition.
Take for example the fantastic Austin Healey 3000. It’s a wonderful-looking car and great fun to drive on the open roads, as you can see from this Healey Hire video!
The idea is that you can ‘try out’ some of your all-time favourite motors on the real roads. This gives you that really authentic driving experience, as you’ll be negotiating junctions, roundabouts traffic lights and all the rest of it. But make no mistake, this isn’t a typical commute. You’ll be following itineraries that allow you to really ‘open up’ your hired car, taking quiet roads and tranquil routes that you’ll love.
What’s included on these car hire deals?
The first question many of you ask is just what is included in these classic, sports and vintage car rental packages. Refer to each individual product page individually for the full lowdown, but in general, all the insurance, breakdown assistance and fuel is included. You’ll also get maps and a route plan, with suggested stopping points.
Some of the self drive tours are completely autonomous, whilst others are run as a host-led road trip in convoy with other cars and you stop and swap cars regularly en-route. That means you get to drive several fab cars during the course of your hire session, which car fans absolutely love.
The Rules of the Road
Whilst many of the classic cars on the hire books were built in the days before variable speed limits and motorways, you do have to adhere to the current rules of the road on these drives. All cars hired out are roadworthy, road legal, well-maintained and with up to date servicing and MoTs.
It’s worth remembering though, that a vintage car won’t have such mod cons as power steering, ABS and the like. So before you jump into the driving seat and speed off, most hirers will be shown around the car by the operator, so you’ll made aware of any idiosyncrasies before your leave on your self-drive tour.