• A steam train midweek lunch onboard the 1930s themed dining coach
• A two course meal
• Full waitress service aboard the first class dining coach
• Enjoying fabulous scenery travelling through countryside for over 11 miles
• Unlimited travel on the railway for the day
• Full bar facilities are available on board
• Seating is generally on tables accommodating up to 4 people
• To guarantee a table for two opt for the exclusive voucher and you will be seated on a table with no other guests which also includes a glass of Prosecco each
What Can I Expect
The midweek steam train lunch is the next departure from Froghall station! Hosted by the lovely ladies and gents of the Churnet Valley Railway, you’ll be enjoying a two-course meal, whilst travelling the length of this lovely little heritage railway.
Your voyage will be on board the dining car. She was named after Diana Clementson, a former fireman who volunteered at Churnet Valley. She was a much-loved and well-respected lady who made a very generous legacy to the railway, so naming the carriage after her is a worthy gesture.
As soon as you climb aboard you’ll feel like you’re stepping back in time to when steam was the way to travel. The carriage has been lovingly restored to reflect the styles and textures of the 1930s and it really is rather delightful. The big seats are so comfy and the table is all nicely set up for your lunch. This is just what steam travel should be like!
Your midweek lunch steam train departs at 12:35 sharp from the Froghall Station and returns (after a full round trip) at 13:40. During that time you’ll be able to sit back and relax as you watch the Staffordshire countryside go by and enjoy your two-course lunch, which will be served at your table. And why not have a little tot of something to wash it all down with rather nicely? That brings us neatly to the fact that the steam train boasts a fully-licensed bar, so you can order a beer or wine to accompany your lunch.
All that remains for you to do it round everything off with a cup of tea or freshly brewed coffee (hot drinks are also available from the bar), as you roll back into Froghall. And of course, your midweek steam train light lunch ticket gives you unlimited access to ride scheduled Churnet services, so you can spend all day discovering rural Staffordshire by steam train.
• The train departs from Froghall Station at 12:35 returning at 13:40
• Selected Wednesdays throughout the year, usually with at least one date each month
• Due to the popularity of this experience please book well in advance to avoid disappointment
• Participants must book a date for their experience within 6 months from the date of purchase
* Limited availability for 2020 *
• Minimum age 8
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Does not guarantee that trains will depart as stated and reserves the right to cancel or alter any trains without prior notice and change the motive power for whatever reason. No liability for loss, inconvenience or delay can be accepted
• Due to the heritage design and style of the dining coach, there are a limited number of tables for two, with remaining tables being tables for four
• Churnet Valley Railway, Froghall, Staffordshire