• Crawl behind waterfalls, jump off ledges and jump into deep pools!
• Gorge adventures take place in varied outdoor terrain a minibus ride away from the activity centre base
• Half and full day sessions are available
• Wetsuits, buoyancy aids and a helmet are provided
• Maximum group size of 12 to one instructor
Obstacles you'll tackle include:
• Boulder hopping
• Scrambling cascades
• Waterfall jumping
• Crawling along narrow ledges
• Traversing challenges
• Loonies Leap the 18ft jump, for the brave!
What Can I Expect
Gorge walking in Wales. We're the first to admit we had blank looks on our faces when it was suggested Into The Blue should offer this outdoor activity. Does it mean hiking in a pac-a-mac with soggy sarnies and a map? Nope! The gorge walking offered in South Wales is pretty gnarly and you'll need a 'full on attitude' to succeed.
All you need to bring along with you for your gorge adventure in South Wales is your nerve, as all safety equipment is supplied and your experienced guides will ensure that you will make the most of your high thrills experience, safely. After introductions and listening to the on-land briefing session, it’s time to take a deep breath and go for it!
The walks take place in spectacular Welsh gorges, with Mother Nature offering up some incredible challenges and obstacles. It's fair to say that normally, when you see a nice waterfall, you'd stop and take a picture of it. On this gorge walking outing in Wales you might well be abseiling down it. You may also find yourself traversing along rock walls, leaping across boulders, or even partaking in a spot of underground hole exploration and bog jumping!
And remember, this is your gorge walking experience, so there is no pressure for you to have a go at all the challenges that this part of South Wales can throw at you. But believe us, once you start on that adrenaline rush you can't stop and you'll be amazed what you dare try when you're in the flow of it all.
The grand finale (if you dare!) when gorge walking around Wales has to be the water plunge affectionately known as Loonies Leap. Seeing as it's the last challenge on your wild day out in South Wales, you might as well get wet, as warm clothes are only a few minutes away - just choose from a 5ft, 10ft or 18ft leap!
• Experiences run all year round on both week and weekend days
• Sessions are subject to weather conditions and suitable river levels
Half Day: 9:00-13:00 and 12:45-16:45
Full Day: 09:15-16:30
• Minimum age 8
• Anyone under the age of 18 must be signed in by a parent or guardian
• Children will not be mixed with adults unless it is a family group
• There is no upper age limit, but please bear in mind this is quite a physical activity and there is a weight limit of 18 stone
• Lunch is not included, so bring a packed lunch, or pre-order from the supplier for an additional charge
• Not suitable for spectators as participants are trekking
• You can meet participants at start and finish points
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should bring swimwear, trainers or walking boots, a towel and a change of clothes
• Facilities at the activity centre base include refreshment machines, toilets and changing areas
• The centre can also assist with finding suitable overnight accommodation for clients
• The gorge is approx a 40 minute drive from the activity centre
• Mini bus transport is provided, however this is a complimentary service and can not be guaranteed
• Session times include check-in, kit-up and travel time to/from the gorge location
• Sessions take place in the Ystradfellte Waterfalls area, in the Brecon Beacons National Park