• Archery session lasting approximately 2.5 hours
• Welcome and safety briefing
• Tuition from experienced archery instructors
• All safety equipment is provided
• You will form part of a group of up to 8 people
What Can I Expect
Head to the Brecon Beacons for great value archery in South Wales! This outdoor centre is in the foothills of the Black Mountains, in an area that is stunning and filled with brilliant outdoor activities too, one of the most popular of which is archery.
What a location for your archery experience! Between Brecon and Hereford, this centre is easy to get to from all South Wales and across the border into England. It’s picturesque and well away from the tourist crowds, meaning there’s plenty of space to have some fun and try some new activities.
Archery is as old as the hills that surround you here. In fact, back in days of yore Welsh archers were the most feared in Europe. Skilled and highly accurate, you wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of a warrior from Wales with a bow in their hand. Nowadays archery is a sport for all that's great fun and you can expect a warm and friendly welcome from this South Wales team!
Once you’ve listened to the safety briefing and got kitted out with a modern recurve bow and the protective gear, it’s time to head to the outdoor archery stands. You’ll be taking aim at traditional roundel-style targets to see who’s the Brecon hotshot. Instructors will be on hand to give you help with your stance and aim, so no previous experience is necessary.
What we love about these archery sessions in South Wales is the fact that they give you extended time out on the stand. When archery experiences are often an hour long, there 2.5 hour lessons give you plenty of time to pick up the basics, get used to shooting the arrows and then (hopefully) start progressing as you continue to take aim at the target. What’s more, it’s suitable for all ages as little ones as young as eight years old can take part.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• All dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Morning and afternoon sessions are generally available
• Minimum age 8
• Children aged between 8-12 must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn
• Archery sessions are competitive and can be great fun for birthday parties
• Brecon, Powys
• Located on the edge of the Black Mountains in the Brecon Beacons