• A Drifting Experience in a Porsche Cayman
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Two sighting laps in the Cayman (1 slow broken up drift and 1 hot lap linking the whole track)
• Each lap is approximately 1km
• Experience times include arrival time, driver briefing, sighting laps and drive time
• Drive times are approximate and vary dependent on the participant
• 8 laps driving the Cayman with 1:1 tuition
• Circuit drifting session with instruction on drifting techniques with varying speeds
• Experiences last approximately 90 minutes
• Experiences last approximately 2 hours
• 18 laps driving the Cayman with 1:1 tuition
• Included with the above there will also be a session developing linking drifts, weight transfer dynamics and drift entry using the handbrake
• Experiences last approximately 4 hours
• 38 laps driving the Cayman with 1:1 tuition
• In addition to the above you will learn techniques on individual corners covering weight transfer dynamics, breaking traction with the Scandanavian flick and lift-off oversteer
What Can I Expect
How do you get a Porsche to drift? Learn to steer from the rear, that’s how! On this range of experiences you’ll be taught how to drift a Porsche Cayman around a tight-cornered track. As if the sport of drifting wasn’t exciting enough, this is your chance to drift in a stunning little Porsche.
A Porsche might not strike you as a top choice of drift car, but this Cayman has all the base ingredients of a great drift car. It’s a powerful mid-engined flat six and it’s rear wheel drive too. So that’s the oversteer possibilities sorted, but what about the angles? Well, these Caymans have a modified suspension set up, making those high-angle super slides a very thrilling reality. Oh and to complete the transformation from supercar to drifting superstar, the Cayman will be shod with low-friction drift slicks.
With the car done and ready, what about you? We’re guessing it’s your first time tackling drift skills in a Porsche. The safety briefing is kept lighthearted, but with all the essential info there, then you’ll head out on the track for a couple of demo laps driven by an expert drifter. They’ll show you the right lines to take, how to initiate the drift and how to exit the corner with style.
Then it’s over to you. How long you get out on the track depends on which Porsche drift experience you choose. We’re calling them Bronze, Silver and Gold and no matter which one you pick, you’ll feel like you’ve won the jackpot - full track drift training in a Porsche…nice one!
If you’re on the Bronze session it’s all about an introduction to drift skills. You’ll learn how to control the power of the Cayman around the bends at varying speeds, producing some nice drifts that Dominic Toretto would be proud of. The Silver experience takes it up a gear as you start to link your slides and increase the speed even more. On the Gold session you push the Cayman to the limit, as you tackle 38 full-blown laps of drift heaven in the Porsche.
And as drifting is the instructing team's expertise here, you will be taught some proper drift skills in the Cayman. That’s to say lift off, power oversteer, hand brake entries, clutch kicking and using your momentum for feint drifting/Scandi flicks. All the component parts are there, so go on Porsche, drift!
• Selected weekdays throughout the year
• Upgrades to include Saturday mornings are available for £39 when booking your date
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 2ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone
• A full manual driving licence is required
• Participants must be physically fit with no serious health conditions
• Friends and family are welcome to come along and can participate in passenger hot laps from £9
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flat soled shoes must be worn
• Glasses must be worn if needed
• Lunch is not included - refreshments and snacks are available to purchase onsite
• Additional laps and passengers laps are available to purchase when booking, starting from £9
• Drivers will need to sign a form accepting risk and vehicle damage liability of £1400+VAT alternatively a £25 Collision Damage waiver can be paid with zero excess
• Bovingdon Airfield, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire