• Intensive 1-2-1 driving course
• Drive either a fully prepped Nissan Skyline, Nissan 200SX or Lexus IS200
• Learn classic drifting techniques such as doughnuts, figures of 8, Scandinavian flicks along with forward and reverse P circuits
• Impress your instructor by taking them on a high speed passenger ride, displaying your new drifting skills
• You can invite up to two others to share the session with you
• Light refreshments are included
• Three hours drive time
• Please allow approximately four hours on site for this experience
• Six hours drive time with a one hour break for lunch
• The extra drive time gives you the opportunity to work on more advanced techniques
What Can I Expect
When the operators of this drifting course tell you to ‘wear your brave hat for this one’, you know it’s going to mean business! Billed as the most intense drift courses in the UK, you’ll have the undivided attention of your drift instructor for the duration, as these drift experiences are on an exclusive basis.
The drifting courses are run like a proper training academy, rather than just a taster experience. You, as the student, get to immerse yourself in the world of drifting. As well as running these courses, your hosts also compete in drift events, so it's a proper motorsport outfit, with a dozen school drift cars and two full-blown drift racers. And if you’ve never seen how it all works at the track it’s fascinating.
As you’ve got access exclusively for three or six hours, you’ll start to get a real understanding of what it takes to run a drift car. It’s the full package here, so as well as the tuition time, your car and the fuel is included. So are the tyres. That might sound obvious, but when you think a set of tyres on a car out on the dry surface will last between five and 10 minutes when driven hard, it can be costly motorsport!
And indeed, if you do go out onto the dry, you’ll need to allow time for tyre changes. But that’s OK, it’s a chance for you to marvel at the mechanics at work, chat with your instructor to answer any questions, or have a break and a cuppa before heading out to attack the drifting circuit again. If you choose to drift on the wet course, your tyres will last between one and two hours before a change is needed.
With the drifting course being exclusive, the syllabus is adapted to you. If you’ve never done it before, you’ll start with basics and move through different modules. The great thing is if you want to go back a re-do a section you can do, all within your time limit. Perfect if you want more time practising those impressive Scandinavian flicks, for example!
It’s also worth noting that with these drifting courses you’re essentially buying the track time in the car with the instructor, so you are welcome to invite up to two other budding drifters to join you and share the time behind the wheel. Personally, we’d be hogging the experience all to ourselves - it’s not every day you get to be a student at the drift academy for this many hours!
• Selected weekdays and weekends from March to October
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Drivers must hold a current full driving licence which must be shown on the day
• An insurance excess applies of £39.50 to any drivers without a full licence on the day
• Maximum weight 22 stone
• Minimum height 4'6"
• Maximum height 6'9"
• Spectators are welcome and high speed passenger laps are available to purchase on the day
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Arms and legs must be covered at all times (no shorts or T shirts)
• Tyre changes and cool down laps are deducted from drive time. ie on a wet training surface rear tyres will last 1-2 hours, giving you ultimate drive time. If you opt for the dry surface tyres can last 5-10 minutes
• Rockingham Motor Speedway, Corby, Northamptonshire