• A full safety briefing and all the training you'll need
• Qualified instructors
• All equipment is provided - including wet suits, buoyancy aids and helmets
• Experience 3km of rapids on the grade 2 - 4 whitewater river
• Your session will last around 2.5 hours with 1.5 hours on the water
• You will form part of a group of up to 6 people
White water rafting is just one of a range of water sport activities from IntotheBlue!
What Can I Expect
Ideal for learning, white water rafting in Wales out on the River Dee is a big draw for novice and expert rafters alike! Paddlers come from all over North Wales and beyond to ride these thrilling white waters, rafting with the likes of Commonwealth Champion Jimmy Jayes, who founded this school in 1985.
The conditions around this area of Wales mean there are excellent and reliable white waters for rafting throughout the year, making this section of the River Dee one of the best white water flows in the UK. So expect to be swirled around and go bobbing up and down all over the place as you raft along!
There are all grades of rapids here and for a less challenging (but no less thrilling) session for beginners, a stretch of Welsh water right adjacent to Llangollen is the starting point. It’s a great little spot and even friends and family can spectate from the bridge over the rapids, cheering you on as you paddle by.
Each raft takes between four and six passengers and you’re all kitted out at basecamp before you head out onto this three kilometre stretch of continuous rapids. If you’re up for it, there are some fab little naturally occurring white water challenges to take on, from the Serpent’s Tail and Town Falls, to Campsite Weir.
All rafts come with their very own instructor onboard, who’ll be guiding you and your merry crew along the rapids. No previous experience is necessary, but you will need that sense of adventure and fun, as you will be getting wet when you go white water rafting in Wales. This is one of the very best places for it, so we reckon you should properly go for it and get paddling those swirls. If you really get into it, you might even be able to fit in several runs during your allotted rafting time out on the River Dee.
• This experience is available all year round, however please note availability may be limited during winter months (November - February)
• Start times are usually 9.30, 10.15, 13:30 and 14.15
• You will need to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of your experience
• Minimum age is 8 with no upper age limit so adults and kids may be rafting together
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• There is a maximum weight of 18 stone
• Participants do not have to be able to swim but need to be confident in moving water
• Not suitable for pregnant women
• This North Wales white water rafting venue welcomes friends and family
• There is a a large outdoor area overlooking the river and a Cafe
• There is an excellent view over the main rapids from the bank and the bridge in Llangollen
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Toilets, showers and changing facilities are on site
• You need to wear trainers and bring a towel, swimwear and a change of clothes
• During the time when the courses are run, the weather will not normally cause a run to be cancelled
• In the unlikely event that your run is postponed, another date will be offered to you
• The operator can also advise on a wide range of excellent accommodation options in the areas (Prices are subject to change)
• This White Water Activity centre is about one mile away from Llangollen town centre on the A5 towards Conwen