• Return ferry crossing between Southampton and East Cowes
Isle of Wight Day Tour
• A fully guided tour of the island with stops for photos
• Free time to explore some of the villages of the Isle of Wight
• Coach/Mini-Bus travel (dependent on group size)
Isle of Wight Two Day Tour
• Experienced guided tour of the Island
• Entrance to Osborne House
• One night B&B hotel accommodation (subject to change)
• Free to explore the Island
What Can I Expect
Escape the noise of the capital, cross the strait of the Solent and discover a very special little island on this Isle of Wight coach tour! Whether you fancy doing this trip in a day, or prefer to stay overnight to explore further, we've got coach touring on the Isle of Wight covered.
Known to the ancient Romans as Vectis, the Isle of Wight is rich in history and culture, from boating and music festivals, to beautiful bays and being home to endless species of flora and fauna - and all this just a short ferry ride from the mainland. On arrival on the Isle of Wight, your tour continues by coach, with different itineraries for the one day and two day versions.
The day trip sees you heading by coach straight to Godshill to tour this, one of the most picturesque little villages on the Isle of Wight, with thatched cottages on every corner a couple of really nice pubs and even a model village. Next on your trail is Shanklin, a popular tourist town and beach resort on the Sandown Bay, complete with lovely esplanade, giving you the perfect opportunity to pick a restaurant for lunch.
For you day-trippers, the rest of the afternoon is spent on the coach discovering the rest of the island, before your tour turns back towards the ferry port, with an evening arrival time scheduled in London.
The two day coach tour gives you an overnight stay on the Isle of Wight, giving you lots more sightseeing time. Disembarking from the ferry on Saturday, you'll be taken to Osborne House, the seaside palace loved by Queen Victoria. After a nosy around this royal house you'll head to Sandown or Shanklin to check into your hotel.
Sunday is a brand new day and time to hop onboard the coach after a hearty breakfast for some more Isle of Wight touring. During the day you'll visit Godshill (which has its own model village). You'll also venture to the opposite side of the island where you will get the change to take a photo of the island's famous Needles. The Needles were featured on the TV Programme "Seven Natural Wonders" as one of the wonders of the South!
Last but not least, the tour coach will take you to the western extremity of the Isle to see the famous Needles. These three stacks of chalk jut out into the sea with a (now automated) lighthouse perched right on the edge, protecting vessels around Alum Bay. A truly magical spot on the island and very photogenic too.
Whether you choose the one day or overnight Isle of Wight coach tour, both itineraries will show you the very best of this 148 square-mile island off the south coast of England whose motto is, rather appropriately, "All this beauty is of God".
• Selected weekends for overnight tours and one Sunday a month for day tours
• Dates are subject to availability
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Coach departure and arrival times will be on your E-Ticket after booking with the operator
• Coaches usually depart at around 6.30am - 7am and arrive back at around 9.30pm
• Several departure points from London
• London Bridge
• Kings Cross
• Baker Street
• Earls Court