• Drive a Rage Motorsport Hurricane Buggy
• Learn about the art of low grip driving
• In car safety briefing, demonstrating the buggy and how to operate its functions
• Use the latest bluetooth intercom technology to communicate with your instructor
• Drive on the rage gravel stage rally track
• Techniques covered: Power sliding, hydro handbrake initiations, weight transfer, Scandinavian flick, brake-steer
• Certificate of completion
• Safety equipment including overalls and gloves are provided
Rage Buggy Blast
• 5 minutes driving providing approximately 10 laps of the circuit
• Allow around one hour on site
Rage Buggy Thrill
• 10 minutes driving providing approximately 20 laps of the circuit
• Allow around one and a half hours on site
Ultimate Rage Buggy Experience
• 3 driving sessions providing approximately 25 minutes total drive time
• Drive the faster full rage stage, to practice your new skills
• 5 hotlaps as a passenger while your instructor takes you on an exhilirating thrill ride!
• Allow around three hours on site
What Can I Expect
Book an extreme Rage Buggy experience and you’ll be signing up for the School of Rage! We’ve got a full range of extreme buggy options for you, each of which gives you plenty of opportunity to try and get to grips with these amazing little machines that are, quite literally, all the rage.
Rage Motorsport is the company behind these buggies. You will be driving a Hurricane buggy, which is one of the most high-performance models produced. They’re just like the ones you seen bouncing across the scorching desert landscape in the Dakar race, so yes they are pretty extreme!
Indeed, the stats speak for themselves. A 1050cc Yamaha FX Nyto engine produces 140bhp. On a chassis this light, that means you can easily clock up a 0-60mph time of less than four seconds. And as for the top speed? Well, you can top 120mph if you’ve got your foot to the metal on a nice straight section.
Where these extreme rage buggies really come into their own is on loose surfaces. You won’t be seeking out the smooth tarmac on these experiences, it’s all about gravel and grass. This operator will section off a part of the rally stage just for Rage School pupils and this is where you’ll learn your craft.
If you’re on the Blast experience you’ll have around 10 laps to try and tame the Hurricane buggy. You might find you’re chomping at the bit for more though, so maybe go for the Thrill, which gives you 20 laps of the track. That way you’ll hopefully have time to perfect your handling skills.
We highly recommend the Ultimate extreme rage buggy experiences. These half-day courses give you three separate driving sessions. After an initiation to learn Scandi flicks and hydro handbrake skills, you will be let loose on the full rally stage for two more drives, giving you loads of laps. The whole event is nicely rounded off with a passenger ride in the Rage.
• Choose from a weekday only voucher or to include weekend availability choose the anytime voucher
• Experiences operate on selected dates between March and November
• All dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Minimum age is 11
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Minimum height is 4ft 10ins (1.48 metres)
• Maximum height is 6'4'
• Maximum weight is 19 stone
• Spectators are welcome to attend
• There are pay on the day activities for spectators to enjoy
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Optional Collision Waiver Indemnity is available to purchase at the venue
• Food and refreshments are available to purchase on site
• Participants must arrive one hour before their session start time
• Drivers should wear clothing that covers their arms and legs and flat footwear
Optional Extras payable direct
• Capture the experience with the latest 360-degree camera system
• Professional photograph of you behind the wheel of the Rage Motorsport Hurricane
• Prestwold Driving Centre, Leicestershire
• Elvington, Yorkshire
• Great Tew, Oxfordshire