• An exclusive day at the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar including:
Spitfire Passenger Flights for up to 8 people
• A detailed pre-flight briefing covering the aircraft, equipment and in flight safety procedures
• A 30 minute flight experience in the rear seat of a Two seater Spitfire (approximately 20 minutes airborne)
• Take off from Ex RAF Spitfire Station Biggin Hill and fly over Kent's 'Battle of Britain Country'
• Feel and experience the effects of your hands on the controls (at the pilots discretion)
• All flights include the opportunity to do Victory Rolls and other manoeuvres
• Hear radio commentary from your pilot, air traffic control and ground crew
• In flight video recording of the flight on SD card / USB stick
• Flight debrief and opportunity to take photographs with the aircraft
• Souvenir flight certificate, flight suit patch and pilot notes to take home
• Helmet, flight suit and parachute are provided for the flight
Guided Tours of the Hangar for up to 25 people
• Access to the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar which is usually closed to the public
• See 12 Spitfires, Hurricane and Messerschmitt 109 and historic artefacts up close
• Observe current Spitfire projects undergoing restoration
• Heritage Hangar staff on hand to answer questions
• Opportunity for photography of all aircraft
Use of a Private Hospitality Room
• Balcony views across the airfield and runways so you can see Spitfires departing and arriving
• Ideal for a team building event, private function or family celebration
• Toilet facilities
Catering and refreshments are not included but can be arranged - please contact us with your requirements
What Can I Expect
It’ll be just you, your group and a whole hangar of priceless warbirds on this Exclusive Spitfire Day! This very special group Spitfire day package gives you private access to one of the world’s most renowned, yet discrete, WW2 fighter plane collections - and includes up to eight flights in a genuine Spitfire too!
Aimed at team days out, incentive campaigns, corporate events, association outings and the ultimate in family gatherings, these exclusive Spitfire days are really very special. Can you imagine being the only VIP guests for the entire day at this fabulous Biggin Hill hangar? You can invite up to 25 to be present on the day, with a very lucky eight of you being lined up to take a trip in the Spitfire.
The flights will be more incredible than you could ever imagine. For 30 glorious minutes you will be treated to the ultimate in classic aviation experiences. The Spitfire is a superlative aircraft and having the very rare chance to take a trip in an equally rare two seater version is a thrill like no other. Surely this has to be a seriously unrivalled prize, gift or reward?
And just because these aeroplanes are literally worth many millions of pounds doesn’t mean they are treated with kid gloves. Once airborne, if you’re up for it (and at the pilot’s discretion on the day) you could be in line for a couple fancy aerobatic moves, like a victory roll, to give you a very real glimpse of what formidable aerial fighters these planes were.
Back at base in the hangar it’s utterly fascinating. From the moment you step in to reception, you’ll see it’s a veritable treasure trove of wartime and aviation memorabilia. Rather appropriately, a very enthusiastic and knowledgeable aviation historian will be on hand to host your exclusive guided tour of the double-sized hangar, home to not just a handful, but a multitude of Spitfires and fellow wartime aircraft.
And don’t forget, this isn’t simply a nice display of static aircraft. This is what we’ve coined a ‘living museum’ where the exhibits are, or will be, air worthy and regularly take to the skies. Indeed, during your group Spitfire day, you’ll see it’s a normal working day for the team of skilled technicians restoring and maintaining the planes. Watching the work in progress really does bring the realm of world war two aircraft to life.
As you can see from our full details, this exclusive Spitfire day is all-inclusive and very comprehensive. As the whole day at Biggin will be dedicated to you and your group, you really will make the most of all the facilities, including function room and a superb viewing balcony, giving you commanding views across the apron. We think this package combining flights with VIP tours on a full-day exclusive basis, really is the one of the most unique things to do in London!
• Tuesday - Friday subject to pre-existing bookings and aircraft availability
• The day usually runs from 8.30 - 4.30
• All Flights and routes are subject to weather conditions, aircraft serviceability and air traffic
• Flying in a Spitfire carries certain elements of risk which will be clearly explained prior to your flight, on the day you'll also be shown a detailed video explaining these risks, if you decide not to proceed or cannot fit safely inside the cockpit you can exchange your experience or request a refund
• Minimum age is 18
• There's no maximum age limit however you need to be healthy and agile enough to climb into the aircraft and safely experience the dynamic nature of the flight - if you have any concerns over your suitability you should consult your GP
• You should not participate if you are on prescription medication, suffering from a cold, are pregnant or suffering from any condition affecting your breathing or consciousness
• A maximum weight limit of 108 kilos (238 lb) applies and you will be weighed on the day
• The aircraft can usually accommodate passengers up to 6'6"
• Passengers dimensions must allow unrestricted movement of the control column
• The operator reserves the right to refuse the flight if for any reason they feel you are unsuitable to participate
• Please do not drink alcohol prior to the flight
• Your exclusive day allows up to 25 guests to attend on the day, 8 of whom may also fly in a spitfire , unfortunately additional visitors are not permitted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This activity is fully approved by the CAA as a flight experience
• You may be able to extend the duration of your flight, additional charges will apply and this must be arranged in advance
• Hand held cameras are not permitted however on-board video recordings of the flight are taken (content of video recordings cannot be guaranteed). customers can usually attach their own 'go-pro' style cameras with appropriate mounts, subject to approval
• Pre flight briefings are usually delivered as part of a small group, all flights are conducted exclusively 1:1
• You should wear clothing suitable for fitting beneath a flight suit and sturdy footwear e.g. boots or training shoes, leather soled shoes are not suitable
• Biggin Hill is also home to St Georges RAF Chapel of Remembrance, entrance is free and makes a fantastic addition to your day (opening times vary)
• The Heritage Hangar at Biggin Hill Airport in Kent
• The airport is easily reached from London and the M25