Drive a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 'Transformers Bumblebee'
• Choose from a 3 or 6 mile experience
• Introduction and safety briefing from fully qualified instructors
• Allow between 1-1.5 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
It's time to sing 'Transformers - robots in disguise' when you meet Bumblebee the Chevrolet Camaro! Bumblebee may have transformed from a Beetle to a 1970s Camara and then to this modern Camaro as he starred in the books, cartoon and film versions, but he has remained Sam Witwicky's best friend throughout and you're about to drive him!
As we all know, Transformers are alien robots who disguise themselves by transforming into 'normal' things like cars. Bumblebee is something of a mascot for the Autobots and excels at scouting to get information and is capable of sneaking into place the bigger robots can squeeze into. Kind of useful when you're always finding yourself in battles in the war against fellow alien robots the Decepticons
When he's not in the battlezone using his fine repertoire of weaponry, he's in 'alternate mode' and looks just like your standard Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. Mind you, there's nothing average about this motor. Under the bonnet there's over 600bhp and an upgraded suspension to make it the ultimate racing car. But look closely and you might see a bee motif air freshener hanging off the rear view mirror…
Thankfully you won't witness Bumblebee in full weapons mode standing over 16ft high ready to defend the Autobots in the face of those arch enemies the Decepticons, but you'll be driving a transformer that is bright yellow with those distinctive black stripes and a whole lot of horsepower under your right foot!
Bumblebee will be making appearances at different circuits in the UK this motoring season. All tracks are around a mile long and you can go for a trio or half dozen miles in this Transformer car.
If you've always been a fan of Optimus Prime (leader of the Autobots) or admired that naughty Decepticon leader Megatron and loved the books, cartoon and film franchise since year dot, we think you'll love this chance to drive this lookalike Chevrolet Camaro Bumblebee Transformer. Time to get revved up!
• Selected weekday dates throughout the year, subject to availability
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Upgrades to include weekend dates can be arranged for a £25 fee payable when booking your date
• Minimum age 16
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• No driving licence is required
• This is not suitable is you have suffered from back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Circuit, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Heritage, Oxfordshire (Limited Availability)
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• Honnington, Suffolk
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Tibenham Circuit, Norfolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
Premium circuit upgrades available for a supplement, payable directly at the time of booking:
• Castle Combe (£25 upgrade supplement) Adults only
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey (£35 upgrade supplement) Limited availability
• All locations are subject to change