• A mixed session including traditional and skybow archery
• Welcome and safety briefing
• Introduction to the equipment
• 30 minute session of traditional archery
• 30 minute session of skybow moving target archery
• All equipment and tuition is provided
• You will usually form part of a small group
• Takes place at a multiactivity centre
• In addition to the archery session you will also receive a one hour session in your choice or axe throwing or crossbows
• Axe Throwing: Try your hand at an all-metal modern axe and the traditional tomahawk with its metal head and wooden handle
• Crossbows: Use the latest crossbows fitted with either a traditional 'open' style sight or a modern telescopic sight
What Can I Expect
Arrows and more when you try archery in Dartford! There’s plenty to keep amateur archers entertained at this outdoor activity centre at Sutton-at-Hone. We are offering experiences that give you traditional archery with Laporte SkyBow archery too, or a combined experience with crossbows or axe throwing added in to the mix.
In case you’re not an archery aficionado, let us explain the difference between the traditional and the Laporte version of this target sport offered here at Dartford. The usual archery experience involves a modern recurve bow and a set of arrows that you fire at the multicoloured round targets several metres away. Once you’ve all fired off a round of arrows and the host has given the signal, you can all walk down to your individual target to inspect how well you’ve done.
What makes SkyBow archery different is the fact that it throws movement into the mix. You all line up with your LaPorte bows and arrows but there’s something missing. There are no targets to aim at. Standby with your arrows poised though, as suddenly from out of nowhere a fairly large diameter foam disc will come hurtling across the sky and it’s your job to sink an arrow into it.
As the target moves across your line of vision, the arrows will fly. If you get a direct hit, the foam circle will change trajectory and plunge to the ground. But as you all fired within a split second of each other, how will you know who got ‘the hit’? Easy. You all have arrows with a unique feather colour combination to you.
The fact that you get to do both Laporte and traditional archery in Dartford means you get to release your arrows at both static and moving targets, testing your aim to the max in the process. You get half an hour on each activity and, of course, all the gear you need is provided, along with tuition and the all important safety briefing.
To extend your Dartford archery day, go for the combo experience which adds on an hour of crossbow or axe throwing. Both are great fun and a superb complement to your archery session.
• This activity operates on most weekends throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• The minimum age at this venue is 12 years old (14 for crossbows)
• Under 16's must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Spectators are welcome, but views of the action are limited for safety reasons
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There are covered seating areas and food and drink is usually available to purchase on site
• Free parking and toilet facilities are provided
• The venue is located in Dartford, Kent with easy access from the M25