• Driver registration and welcome
• In-car safety briefing
• 6 Miles driving the Aston Martin DB9
• 6 Miles driving the Ariel Atom Supercharged
• High speed passenger lap in a performance saloon (Instructor driving)
• Personalised driving certificate
• All driving tuition is one to one
• Allow 2 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Meet the very best of British supercars on this quintessentially British driving experience! These sessions offer up a superlative pair of supercars that are, to put it simply, the epitome of Cool Britannia. Time to wave the Union Jack, this is home-grown motoring at it’s best.
For these drives it’s Aston vs Atom. For both manufacturers, the engineering, design and build skills that produce these supercars are all British-based. Indeed, it’s almost enough to make you get those leather driving gloves out and utter ‘I say old chap’ as you slide into the driver's seat, ready to launch yourself onto the track in these very British motors.
So it’s time for you to take the first of the Brit boys out on the track. The Aston Martin DB9 needs no introduction. This is the punchier, racier model with a mahoosive V12 engine capable of a head-spinning 190mph. As well as looking lovely on the outside, on the inside it’s just as fantastic, with a finely tuned engine and that F1-style paddle gearshift that can also be driven in full auto mode. In essence, a great gearbox!
Then comes the Ariel Atom. At a small factory in Crewkerne, just 100 Ariel cars are produced every year, lovingly assembled by hand. The company has only 19 employees, but the design, innovation and craftsmanship behind the Atom has certainly made a massive impact on motoring (who could forget that Top Gear segment a few years back when Clarkson drove one?).
ou will be driving the supercharged Atom version that seriously threatens to blow your socks off. It might ‘only’ be 325bhp compared to the Aston’s 470, but being so, so light the Atom can clock 0-60mph in a staggering 2.8 seconds. Crazy.
In essence, there is nothing like this duo of British supercars. Hand crafted and built with passion and skill at modern manufacturing centres in Britain, it’s heartwarming to think we, as a nation, still ‘have it’ when it comes to coming up with downright fabulous motors! Enjoy!
• Venues operate from February to November
• Selected weekend and weekday dates are available
• Minimum age 17
• Participants must show a full driving licence on the day
• The minimum height is 5ft and the maximum height is 6ft 5"
• The maximum weight limit is 18 stone
• Trainers or soft soled shoes must be worn
• Family and friends are welcome
• Sorry, no dogs are allowed
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Optional Damage Waiver is available to purchase from the venue for a fee of £25
• There is a covered marquee with seating and toilets at all sites
• Food and drink is available to purchase on site
• Professional photographs of the participants driving action can be purchased with prices starting from £25
• Elvington, York
• Castle Combe Circuit, Wiltshire (currently unavailable at this location)
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• Blyton Park, Gainsborough
• Dunsfold Park, Surrey
• Three Sisters, Wigan
• NEC Arena Circuit, Birmingham
• Perranporth Driving Centre, Cornwall