• Safety briefing and instruction session
• Work on your balance, poise, accuracy and timing under the instruction of the expert Archers
• You will be using the latest in high velocity bows
• Take part in some friendly competition with other participants on the day
• The experience lasts approximately one hour
• All instructors have been trained by world champion coaches and have simplified coaching methods
Another great experience from IntotheBlue - More
archery lessons are available at a variety of centres around the UK.
What Can I Expect
Learn to draw, nock and loose like a professional bowman at this friendly Yorkshire archery centre! Set within the beautiful Coniston Estate near Skipton, this small archers’ club is the perfect place to practise your arrow-wielding skills.
All the instructors at the venue have been trained by world champion coaches, so they certainly know their stuff when it comes to passing on top tips for successful shooting. Having a go at archery in Yorkshire is a great way to discover the natural beauty of this corner of the country, with stunning views all around you will you shoot. In fact, it’s hard not to be distracted by the wonderful vistas of this impressive Yorkshire landscape!
All of these Yorkshire archery courses are suitable for a range of abilities, so whether this is your first time holding a bow and arrow, or you’ve been hitting bulls-eye for years, there’s something to challenge and excite every participant. With 1400 acres of purpose-built ground to practise on, there’s plenty of room for novices and more advanced archers can build up their skills surrounded by the peace and solitude of the Yorkshire Dales. What’s more the archery set ups are in sheltered bays, so you are well-protected from the weather.
This opportunity to be taught archery by a top Yorkshire team is not to be missed and offers the chance for a more personalised experience on the firing range. Bows and arrows will work in harmony after just a short time learning the nimble-fingered techniques favoured by modern archers. What’s more, with vouchers valid for between two and four people at a time and with children as young as 10 able to take part, this is the perfect activity for all the family to enjoy.
If you’re looking to hone your hunting and shooting skills through a heritage sport, surrounding by dramatic landscapes and some of the best coaching the Dales have to offer, then this Yorkshire archery session is the day out for you. With outdoor facilities suited to most types of British weather, it’s no wonder this group-friendly venue is a popular choice with up-and-coming amateur archers. So flex your fingers, ready your bow and prepare to fire some amazing arrows.
• This Archery experience is available on Tuesday to Sunday throughout the year
• The shooting range has sheltered bays meaning it is suitable for most weather conditions
• There is a minimum age of 10 years old
• All under 16's must be accompanied by an adult
• No one who is pregnant can participate but are welcome to watch
• Spectators are welcome
• There is a clubhouse onsite serving both hot and cold drinks and snacks (payable direct)
• During the winter months there is a log fire to welcome guests
• There is also ample parking available
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All lessons are for a minimum of 2 people
• This shooting range is situated within 1400 acres of the Coniston Estate in the Yorkshire Dales