• Paddle the legacy loops course in a two man kayak
• You will be kitted out by the team with wetsuits, wet boots, helmets and buoyancy aids
• Complete a short swim test and activity assessment
• Practice your paddle skills before taking on white water rafting on the Olympic standard course
• Please allow at least 2.5 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Ride on (and even under) the waves when you go white water Hot Dogging! These inflatable kayaks take paddle sports to another level. It’s an all-action water sport where you will get wet, so it’s not for the fainthearted, but try it and we think you’ll love a little bit of white water kayaking craziness.
The Hot Dog. It’s a lightweight, but very durable inflatable boat. They’re large enough for two people in a tandem configuration. You sit down on your bum inside, with your legs stretched out in front of you. In your hands you’ll have a one-bladed paddle. You then launch yourself down a series of white water rapids and try to make it to the end without taking a tumble.
It’s fast, furious and filled with funny moments from start to finish. And try as you might to be co-ordinated with your hog dog colleague, it just ain’t happening. And that’s exactly why Hot Dogging is so much fun. It’s a bit like having your very own Hawaii 5-0 moment gone haywire, as you furiously paddle, but in essence, the force of the water will take you where it wants you to go and not the other way round!
Of course, before you launch your inflatable kayaks there will be an on-shore safety briefing talk. You’ll then head into the lake area with your wetsuit and buoyancy aid on, to have a little swim test, in order to make sure you’re confident enough in the water. Then it’s time for you to take on the white waters as a duo in your hot dog. Get ready to paddle like mad and go for it!
And shhhh…don’t tell anyone we told you, but there’s a good chance you’ll be shown a neat little 'surfing' technique too, which is sure to lead to even more laughter. Most pairs end up at the bottom of the course in the cool down pool with huge cheesy grins on their faces and everyone wants to go round again for more white water Hot Dogging!
• Valid for use on Saturdays and Sundays
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 12
• Under 18s must have a parental consent form signed by their legal parent/guardian
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There are onsite food outlets where food and refreshments can be purchased with great views of the course
• On site kids play area and the beautiful nearby River Lee Country Park
• Sports Beach & Disc Golf Course pay on the day activities are available to enjoy, subject to availability
• Lee Valley White Water Centre, Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire
• Conveniently located near the M25 Junction 25 and 26
• Just 40 minutes from Central London by train, closest stations are Waltham Cross or Cheshunt