• 90 Minute evening segway tour
• Safety briefing and instruction session to get used to the controls
• Segway tour around the grounds as you see sights of the Castle not usually seen by those travelling on foot
• Highlights include the Castle Lake, Maze, Lady Baillie's Gardens and the Castle Courtyard
• No castle entry ticket is necessary to take part in the adventure
• Lots of photo opportunities so it is advised to bring a camera
What Can I Expect
A new take on sightseeing with a twilight Segway tour! Take one the country’s best loved castles, take a personal transporter and mix them together just as the sun sets and you’ve got a wonderful sightseeing excursion filled with the most photogenic views ever!
This twilight Segway tour operates out of a very special location in Kent that is ideal for watching sunsets. Leeds Castle is a wonderful Kentish landmark sitting on a moat surrounded by acres and acres of country estate. With expansive views all around and very little light pollution, the sunsets can be nothing short of spectacular.
The beauty of these Segway tours is that they set off at twilight, that rather beguiling time of day between daylight and darkness, when the soft light gives everything a lovely glow. As day turns to dusk, you’ll being seeing this castle (quite literally) in a different light. It’s also the time of day when the masses of visitors drift away and all becomes quieter.
These tours are designed to show you a maximum of areas that are seldom frequented by pedestrians, or not accessed at all. A Segway is the perfect vehicle for getting around this huge estate. As well as the actual castle, moat and gatehouse, there are formal gardens, wooded areas, cafes, mazes and museums dotted around the grounds. There’s even a golf course. Much of this will be explored on these twilight tours.
You will have you own Segway for the duration of the ride. It’s worth remembering that these tours starting later on in the day are all about seeing the sights at a leisurely pace, with plenty of opportunities to snap those ‘castle at sunset’ pics. After all, it’s not every day you get to see lovely Leeds Castle as the sun is setting in the sky.
So don’t worry if you’ve never ridden a Segway before, all training is provided for you to get you up and confident on the transporter before your tour starts. All rides out are hosted and guided, so there’s no getting lost as darkness falls. Book a twilight Segway tour and prepare to see Leeds Castle at the best time of day!
• Tours operate around sunset between March and October
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Summer offer for two vouchers must be booked and redeemed before 30 September 2019
• There is a minimum age of 13 years to take part in this experience
• Minimum weight 7 stone
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• There is a maximum weight limit of 17.5 stone
• This experience is not suitable for those who are pregnant
• Comfortable, outdoor clothing is recommended as well as sensible, flat soled footwear
• There is a maximum group size of 16 participants
• Spectators are welcome to watch participants during the training experience however will not be able to view the experience once participants begin the castle grounds tour
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Within the 500 acres of scenic grounds at Leeds Castle
• Seven miles east of Maidstone, Kent