• TV Presenter experience learning tips and techniques
• Sessions include: autocue/teleprompter training, vocal delivery, presenting approaches, interviewing techniques and studio presenting
• Certificate of your training and a HD Showreel of your presenting
• Experiences are hosted by professional TV presenters and take place in an authentic studio with real TV recording equipment
• You may be joining a group of up to 20 other participants on the day
• All filming is solo with just you and the cameraman
• This experience lasts approximately 4 hours
What Can I Expect
Have you always dreamed of being a TV presenter? Now's your chance to shine in front of the TV camera with our half day taster television presentation workshop in London. If you sit in front of the telly wondering if you've got what it takes to captivate an audience, this course is right up your street!
The courses take place at 3 Mills TV Studios in east London, or Aspire Studio in Deptford. The 3 Mills venue is a huge television, media and film production and training facility, famous for providing studio facilities for many TV shows and films too. Aspire is a smaller TV production studio in the arches near New Cross. Most importantly, all the presenters on the courses are current working TV presenters or producers, so you will be learning from the people who really are in the know when it comes to being behind the scenes at a TV studio.
All the gear is for real too. Whether you're doing your first piece to camera talking about the latest showbiz gossip, introducing a pop video or interviewing someone, you'll be in a professional TV studio being filmed to produce your very own mini HD showreel of you presenting.
You'll also learn about autocue - the key to TV presenting - and the skill here is to look and sound natural, whilst you are reading your script from the screen in front of you. Doing this for a pre-recorded TV programme is one thing, but imagine doing it live in front of a studio audience with confidence, flair and style? It’s a whole different media ball game!
Of course, the expert TV presenters will be on hand to help you relax into your new role as a television presenter, giving you all the tips you need to appear calm, collected, natural and engaging on screen. All this is whilst expressing your own unique presenting personality and screen presence as you deliver your piece to camera - and it’s all about vocal delivery too!
So if you've always wanted to present on TV, whether as a showbiz correspondent, quiz show host or chat show supremo, these television presenting courses in London are the perfect way to get your first taste of life in front of the television cameras to see whether you could be the next Davina or Dermot on the little screen!
• Experiences usually run once a month throughout the year
• The day starts at 10:30am and finishes at approximately 2:30pm
• Minimum age 16
• Spectators are welcome to attend but must inform the studio prior to the experience
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• At 3 Mills there is a cafe on-site serving food and drink
• Both locations have a good selection of pubs and restaurants nearby
Experiences are available at 2 London Studios
• 3 Mills TV Studios, London E3
• Aspire Studio, London SE8