• Drive a truck with 15-20 minutes personal driving time
• Welcome, introduction and briefing
• Tuition from a qualified ARDS instructor
• You may form part of a small group of 3 in and will spend up to 45 minutes in the lorry riding as a passenger when not driving
• Experience operates on a 1:1 basis at Carver Barracks
• 3 miles driving in a supercar of your choice
• Please allow approximately two hours on site for this experience
• 440bhp MAN truck with a 45ft Supercar Transporter behind you: Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground
• Renault Premium 9 car articulated transporter: Carver Barracks
• Aston Martin V8 Vantage
• Audi R8 V10
• Porsche (GT3 997 or 991)
• Lamborghini LP560-4
• Ferrari California
• Nissan GTR
• BMW i8
What Can I Expect
It’s the best of both worlds rolled into one with the truck and supercar experience! Not only do you get to drive the supercar of your choice, you also get to drive the truck that brought it to the track.
Rather than individually drive all the cars that are in the fleet to the track days, it’s actually easier logistically to load them onto a specialist transporter lorry and drive them all there in ‘bulk’ as it were. That means there’s always a big HGV lorry at these events. (You can see where this is going can’t you!). The organisers had a eureka moment when they thought they should offer drives in them, rather than being parked up all weekend.
Then someone had the even smarter idea of combining a truck and supercar drive to create this brilliant dual experience. It means you get to taste the sheer power of both a truck and a fancy car of your choosing. Interestingly, both types of vehicles boast around the same amount of horsepower. Modern, fuel-efficient trucks need every one of those 400-odd horsepower to tow 16 tons of a full load on the motorway. For the one to two ton supercar, 400bhp or more is just sheer indulgence.
Although truck racing is very much a viable motorsport that’s alive and well, you won’t be taking the transporter out on the track to hustle in amongst the Ferraris and Astons. You’ll be on the perimeter roads, trying your hand at manoeuvring the monster. Even just pulling off from standstill is quite different to your average car. Rather than reveal all, we’ll let you find out when it’s your turn to be at the helm of the truck.
As for the supercars, they need no introduction. Each and every one is a star. We all have our personal favourites and there’s bound to be one of yours in the fleet. You’ll be driving for three miles around the circuit, giving you enough time to appreciate the awesomeness of the car. An instructor will be in the passenger seat, giving you tips on the getting the racing line spot on.
Little vs large, big vs small, slow lane vs fast line, 16 gears vs 6 - that’s the beauty of this truck and supercar experience for you!
• Selected dates February to December
• Choose from a weekday only voucher or to include weekend availability, opt for the anytime option
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Due to the popularity of this experience, please book early to avoid disappointment
• Minimum age 17
• Participants must hold a full, valid driving licence
• Minimum height 5ft
• Maximum height 6ft 6ins
• Maximum weight 19 stone
• Drivers must be able bodied and any medical conditions that may affect driving ability must be disclosed at the time of booking
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch at all venues for no additional charge although viewing is limited
• Disabled access may vary depending on location
• Children must be supervised at all times
• Pets are not permitted at any circuit
• Toilets, viewing areas and refreshments are available at all venues
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Optional excess damage insurance can be purchased upon booking your date or on the day
• Specific vehicle availability may be subject to change due to mechanical or operational factors
• In cases of extreme weather i.e snow, fog or ice experiences may be re-scheduled for safety reasons
• Comfortable shoes with thin soles are recommended
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• Carver Barracks Circuit, Essex (weekends only)