• Drive a 44 ton articulated lorry
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• One and two hour driving sessions are available
• The session includes a slalom course, controlled braking and even how to uncouple a trailer
• Opportunity to try your hand at reversing the lorry
• You will be taught on a 1:1 basis
• Certificate of achievement is issued at the end of the session
• Allow between 1.5-2.5 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Have a go at truck driving in Surrey with this professional HGV training school. From Lutons and box vans, to artics and drop-siders, welcome to the world of Heavy Goods and Large Goods Vehicles. They're the workhorses of the roads, moving goods around the country and the continent and these fab experiences give you an insight into life as a trucker.
A reputable professional driver-training school, this family-run company has been teaching driver training courses since 1980. As well as having highly experienced instructors, the important bit to note about this particular truck driving school in Surrey is that all the vehicles are owned and maintained by them.
You’ll be driving a 44-ton articulated lorry. This Surrey school has a fleet of MAN trucks for HGV training. And they're just like the ones you see pounding the inside lane of the motorways the length and breadth of the country. These big boys are imposing and nothing can beat the driver’s view from way up high!
If you’ve never been in the cab of a proper articulated truck, it’s pretty cool in there. For the long-distance lorry driver their truck is their office and their home. You’ll see the driver’s seat is all high tech and fully adjustable, yet as comfortable as an armchair for all those cross-European trips. Sitting in it, you’ll feel like the King or Queen of the road, as you look out across the tarmac. But will you be top of the tree when it comes to driving and manoeuvring this beast?
As you weave in and out of the slalom course, attempt to reverse and try to brake as smoothly as possible (just imagine you’re on the M25 in Surrey and all of a sudden it’s a sea of brake lights ahead), you will really start to feel like a full-fledged Category C licence-holding truckie. And there's just one more task that'll demonstrate your truck driver credentials - learning how to couple and uncouple that rigid-sided trailer to your cab.
We are offering one and two hour truck driving sessions at this Surrey centre, so take your pick, get ready to get the lorry into gear and get trucking!
• Available throughout the year (generally one Saturday or Sunday per month)
• Morning and afternoon sessions are usually available
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Please note, due to the popularity of this experience 2019 dates are now fully booked. Booking are available for dates in 2020
• Minimum age 18
• Minimum height 5ft
• A driving licence is not required
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
• Up to 2 guests may ride as passengers in the truck for no additional charge, at the discretion of your instructor
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Dunsfold Park, Cranleigh, Surrey