• Try your hand at air rifles shooting, archery or axe throwing
• Each activity lasts approximately one hour
• All sessions start with a safety briefing
• Equipment is provided
• Your choice of 1, 2 or 3 activities from the following activities
• Learn the basic principles of archery
• A host of games to test your skills
Air Rifle/Pistol Shooting
• Learn rules of the range and shooting techniques
• Tuition from knowledgeable instructors
• You will be using Air Arms S400 Air Rifles or SIG Sauer P226 air pistol
• Your instructor will demonstrate various throwing techniques and then its your turn!
• Use three traditional axe types; the Viking Norse Axe, the Scout Axe and the Mountain Man Axe
What Can I Expect
Spot on target sports in Somerset! It’s all-action adventure at this centre near Highbridge in Somerset. The crew here has put together a series of target shooting challenges that include archery, axes and air guns. You can buy vouchers to do one, two or all three of the activities proposed.
Based on a farm estate in the heart of the Somerset countryside, the whole place has a lovely rustic feel, with barns, a fishing pond and direct access to the river. At basecamp you’ll find the shooting range. It’s a covered area, so rain won’t stop play.
For the air gun sessions, you will be taking aim with either fully-scoped Air Arms S400 air rifles (that have no recoil) or SIG Sauer P226 air pistols that are .177 calibre and close replicas of the standard issue US Army and US Navy Seals hand guns. You’ll be shown how to handle, take aim and shoot, as well as taking part in some speed and accuracy challenges too.
Archery sessions are run by GB Archery qualified coaches, who will get your shooting on target with your bows. Archery is a really satisfying sport. Nothing beats the sound of an arrow landing with a resounding thud in the target. Once again, there’s time for a warm up, some free firing and then a few games to bring out the Jon Snow or Katniss in you!
Over in the axe arena you’ll find some massive chunks of tree trunks. These are what you’ll be lobbing the axes into. With huge stacks of hay bales all around you won’t be in any danger if your throw goes a bit awry, but there is definitely a skill to handling and launching these axes in the correct way. You’ll be shown how it’s done and then practice with a variety of axes including Viking Norse, Scout and Mountain Man axes.
Whether you choose one, two or all three of these targets sports, this Somerset venue is the perfect place for these outdoor activities. We think they’re a great choice for small groups who want to shoot, with vouchers available for up to six of you to enjoy a target experience together. And why not make a weekend of it? There are camping pods and lodges available for rent directly from the operator on site.
• Weekdays and weekends between April and September
• Morning and afternoon sessions are generally available
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• Minimum age restrictions: Air rifles & archery 11, air pistols 18, axe throwing: 12
• Spectators are welcome to watch from designated viewing areas
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Food and water, drinks can be purchased from the onsite shop if required
• Highbridge, Somerset