• Two and a half hour target shooting package
• Experience target and field archery, axe throwing and crossbows
• Spend approximately 30 minutes on each discipline
• Welcome and safety briefing
• Introduction to the equipment
• Tuition with experienced instructors
• All equipment and tuition is provided
• You will for part of a group of up to 9 participants
• Full day entry to the stunning Mount Ephraim Gardens is included for participants
• Recurve bows are used for sessions
• Practice shots, improve aim, stance and position before heading out in to the woodland
• Instinctive hunting style archery
• Aim at 3D foam targets (rabbits, deers boar etc) in the woodland setting
• Take aim at wood targets using Hickory or Tomahawk axes
• Using pistol style crossbows you will fire at straw or foam targets
What Can I Expect
Target sports in Kent - it’s the Garden of England at its very best! These multi-activity packages take place at Mount Ephraim gardens in the heart of the Kentish countryside. It’s an idyllic setting and one that’s perfect for a spot of target fun.
With this one voucher you get to try four different target sports, namely traditional archery, field archery, axe throwing and crossbows. Group sizes are kept nice and small, with a maximum of nine people rotating around the activities together.
Your main host on site is Joe. He’s enthusiastic, friendly and welcoming. He will get you started with all the basics covered. The traditional target archery is a great target sport to start off with, as you get the hang of handling the recurve bow and arrows. Then it’s off into the Kent countryside, where you’ll be trying field archery. In a nice secluded spot on this 800-acre estate, you’ll be aiming at a range of 3D targets, from rabbits and pheasants to deer, but don’t worry, they're all made out of foam!
The crossbow archery is pretty thrilling stuff. The pistol-style crossbows look the business and they’re pretty powerful too, as you’ll find out when you fire arrows off into great lumps of straw.
Last but not least on this multiactivity target sports experience in Kent ,is axe throwing. This is always really popular. After all, it’s not every day you get to hurl an axe into a stump of wood is it? For this session you’ll be chucking tomahawk and American hickory wood axes too.
For all participants, access to the ensemble of the Mount Ephraim estate and gardens is included and you can buy entry on the day for up to two spectators to enjoy Mount Ephraim with you. It’s a stunning location, dominated by the late-Victorian manor house on the hill, overlooking walled gardens, formal lawns, rose-covered archways and rockeries with cascading water.
Another advantage of this target sports session in Kent is that once you've finished hitting those targets and pottering around the gardens, you can treat yourself to refreshments in the West Wing Kitchen in the manor house - it's the perfect conclusion to your target experience in Kent near Faversham.
• Tuesdays to Sundays throughout the year
• Morning sessions start at 10:00 and afternoon sessions at 14:00
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 11
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• Spectators are welcome for an additional charge of £10 payable on the day, which includes full day entry to the Gardens
• A maximum of two spectators are permitted per participant
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Mount Ephraim, Faversham, Kent