• Choose one, two or three target sports
• Each activity lasts approximately one hour
• A qualified instructor will be with you at all times offering personal guidance
• You may form part of a small group for this experience
• Set your sights and practice your shooting skills using the BSA .177 air rifle, made in Birmingham!Axe Throwing
• Learn how to correctly handle a bow and arrow
• Choose from traditional archery hitting targets or 3D archery firing at a variety of 3D creatures
• Hurl throwing axes, knives and mini tomahawks towards a variety of wooden targets
What Can I Expect
Take aim with these target sports in Birmingham! We are offering vouchers for you to do one, two or all three of the shooting activities offered at this adventure centre near Sutton Coldfield. Rifle shooting, archery and axe throwing are all on the menu at this fantastic centre.
The shooting ranges are really good and go way beyond a few roundels set up in a field. For a start, the basecamp is like a proper military camp. This serves as the reception, chill out and kit out area and is the beating heart of the centre. From here you’ll head off into the woodlands to find the clearing for your chosen activity or activities. As you’d expect, all the gear you need is provided - even the camo-style coveralls!
The air rifle range has a very local flavour, as you’ll be using .177 BSA air rifles made just down the road in Birmingham. And for fact fans: established in 1861, this arms company supplied over 50% of all small arms used by British Forces in WW2 - and made the Browning .303 machine guns fitted to Spitfires!
With your trusty .177 BSA you’ll be taking aim at classic card targets (that you can take away with you to show off your shooting prowess!), as well as metal animal knock down targets and spinner targets too.
Over at the archery arena you have the choice of traditional target archery using Olympic-style recurve bows, or you can go wild with the 3D version, which will see you taking aim at a variety of ‘real life’ targets. Hunt down the pheasants on the ground, the rats on the table and the bears in the woods - all of which, are, of course replicas!
If you pick axe throwing you’ll be hurling a variety of weapons into big chunks of tree trunks on a wall. Be it a tomahawk, a flying angel or even a knife, throwing weapons and watching them wedge into the wood with a thud is very satisfying.
With excellent on-site facilities and rave reviews from visitors, you can book these target sports in Birmingham with confidence. So whether you’re a group of colleagues, friends or family, these target shooting sessions are spot on for fun! Vouchers are available online for 1 to 12 people.
• Saturdays and Sundays through out the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 11
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham