• One or two night accommodation in a 4 star 1 bedroom log cabin
• Facilities include a separate bedroom with luxury king sized bed, shower room with WC, fitted kitchen with full sized oven and hob, microwave, fridge with ice box, lounge/dining area. TV with freeview and DVD. Full gas central heating
• Outside decking area with patio furniture and ample parking
• Continental breakfast is included
• Bed linen and a towel per person are provided
What Can I Expect
When it comes to holiday cabins in Wales, we think we’ve found one that offers that home from home feel you love! Not far from Swansea, this little wooden log cabin goes big on charm and with a warm welcome from hosts Sara and Bob, you are well on your way to wonderful weekend in Wales.
In days gone by, Pontardawe was a busy industrial town in a lovely Welsh valley. Iron, tin and steel works lined the valley floor, making the most of the Swansea canal that ran right alongside. Nowadays pretty much all that industry has gone, but the town is still a vibrant place that even hosts its own world music festival every year!
Being halfway between the Brecon Beacons National Park and Swansea, this Pontardawe log cabin is perfectly located for exploring the Welsh coastline, countryside and mountains. You’re just 30 minutes from Mumbles Point and an hour from the stunning Tenby. In land you’ve got all those valleys and hills to walk, with lots of country pubs to stop off at on the way.
Leaving the city life of Swansea behind, you’ll find your little log cabin set on the Welsh hillside. The route to get to the cabin is classic Welsh countryside. It’s a narrow lane, with lush green all around, complete with lovely views across the valley. You can just feel the stresses and strains of everyday life seeping away…
The cabin is lovely and cosy. You can park directly opposite and all around there are plants and flowerpots. Once inside, you’ll find a contemporary designed living space, with doors leading directly out onto a raised decked area with loungers that are just screaming out for you to relax in, glass in hand.
And, like most cabins in Wales, this one is self catering, but with the very much welcome addition of a continental breakfast being provided each morning by your hosts. For dinner, the local pub the Ynysmeudwy Arms is just a 25 minute stroll away (0.9miles) and there are other eateries within 10 minutes drive. So make the most of your log cabin hideaway time to explore Swansea and beyond to discover those wonderful beaches, hidden waterfalls and rolling valleys, before heading back to your very comfortable cabin in the countryside.
• Overnight breaks are available throughout the year, subject to availability
• One night breaks are available midweek only for arrivals Sunday to Thursday nights inclusive
• Two night breaks are available for arrivals on weekday and weekend dates
• Minimum age 18
• Dogs are not permitted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The hosts provide continental breakfast each morning and the log cabin is about a 25 minute walk (0.9mile) to the nearest pub, the Ynysmeudwy Arms
• Other restaurants and pubs are between a 5 and 10 minute drive by car or taxi
• Swansea Valley, South Wales