• Drive a 'super hero car' Lincoln Futura
• Choose from a 3 or 6 lap experience
• Each lap is approximately 1 mile
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Fully qualified instructors on hand throughout your experience
• Allow at least an hour on site
What Can I Expect
When it comes to iconic superhero cars, this one is up there with the very best of them. Atomic batteries to power…turbines to speed…ready to move out…this is your chance to drive a superhero car worthy of any cape-wearing crime fighter.
And just like any self-respecting superhero vehicle, the one that starred in the hit US TV series starring Adam West and Burt Ward, was filled with gadgets. Bearing in mind this was the 1960s, this car was pretty revolutionary with things like remote computer links, onboard cameras, telescopes and telephone, anti-theft devices, automatic tyre inflation, smoke machine and even remote controlled driving.
Not forgetting that unmistakable styling. The large rear fins with the obligatory rocket thruster make this car truly worthy of any law-abiding superhero. Even the coachwork in shiny gloss black with those distinctive fluorescent cerise stripes make this car worthy of superhero greatness. Mind you, all that means it’s not exactly the most discrete of superhero vehicles.
So don’t expect to blend in or go unnoticed at the track when you roll out in this superhero whip. The original was based on the Lincoln Futura, which was a 1955 concept car built by Ford that never actually went into production. It was adapted for superhero use in record time. It took just three weeks to add all that distinguishing metalwork, gadgets, gizmos and more, ready for filming.
Of course, the car you’ll be driving isn’t the original straight out of Gotham. However, it has been shipped in from the US of A, where fans of the TV show have been hand-building replicas to amazing standards for years. They're so good they have any superhero looking for a suitable crime-busting vehicle waving wads of cash at them.
We’re giving you the chance to drive one of the best superhero cars ever at a variety of tracks around the UK. You can put your foot down for three or six laps, giving you plenty of time to imagine what it would be like in hot pursuit of the baddies, preventing the odd riot and using your onboard weaponry to serve and protect. Well, we can all dream a good superhero can’t we?
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Minimum age 12
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• No driving licence is required
• This is not suitable is you have back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• The car driven is a replica and was not used in any filming
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Norfolk Gliding Club
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Honnington, Suffolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
** Premium MSA race track £35 supplement applies, payable direct
* Weekend upgrade £25
• Castle Combe** Adults only
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire*
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey**
• All locations are subject to change