• Drive a R34 GTR Nissan Skyline
• Choose from a 3 or 6 mile voucher
• Full safety briefing
• Allow approximately 1 hour on site for the 3 mile voucher and up to 2 hours for the 6 mile option
What Can I Expect
The Nissan Skyline GT-R is a legendary car, that's for sure. And when the vehicle is as prepped and primped as the one Brian O'Connor drives in 2Fast2Furious, it makes driving this particular R34 pretty much out of this world!
The mega successful Hollywood franchise has featured hundreds of cars, but one that stands out for fans is the Nissan. Brian's Skyline in the second movie instalment was a gleaming vision of silver sleekness, complete with blue stylised coachwork detailing and, of course, the UV lights on the chassis. Fitted out with Sparco harnesses, MOMO steering wheel, a Clarion head unit with LCD TV screen, a JBL amp and Infinity speakers, Brian O'Connors Skyline GT-R had all the extra accessories and mods any self respecting street racer could ever need.
The R34 GT-R on this experience doesn't quite go to these heights of customisation, but it is still one very cool car. It's in ethereal, gleaming white, with full carbon fibre bodykit right down to the huge spoiler, with a boost setting for extra torque so the car can exit corners in a higher gear. Pretty neat. Plus there's that powerful turbo-charged V6 engine that comes as standard on the R34. All in all, this is a pretty damn fine motor - and you're going to be driving it!
In the Furious films, Brian starts life as an LAPD officer on an undercover mission. But it's clear to see that, despite losing his first race with Dom and blowing up and engine in the process, (not in a Skyline, we might add) that megawatt smile on his face as he says: 'Dude, I almost had you' shows you how infectious the daring and dangerous world of racing is.
That ridiculously good sensation you get after being at the wheel of one very, very fast car is just what you'll get with this R34 GT-R drive too. It's your own personal Brian moment as you experience the torque, speed and bellowing exhaust noise of this brute of a car for three or six miles at the circuit of your choosing from the eight offered.
And let's face it, if you own a Nissan Skyline GT-R and you drive it on the public roads, you will never push the car to its limits. Taking the R34 onto the track means you can drive it fast and furiously knowing there are no former colleagues of Brian's in their police cars or speed cameras in sight, waiting to pounce and spoil the fun.
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Sessions are available from 08:30 to 15:30
• Minimum age 16
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum height 4ft 5ins
• No driving licence is required
• This is not suitable is you have suffered from back, neck or knee problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit card details will need to be provided with £5000 limit or above for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Most venues are airfield style circuits with large run off areas
• Abingdon Airfield, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Circuit, Oxfordshire
• Bicester Heritage, Oxfordshire (Limited Availability)
• Blyton Park, Lincolnshire
• Bovington, Wareham, Dorset
• Honnington, Suffolk
• NAEC Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
• Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall (Annual Event)
• Sywell Aerodrome, Northampton
• Tibenham Circuit, Norfolk
• Tockwith, North Yorkshire
• Three Sisters, Wigan
Premium circuit upgrades available for a supplement, payable directly at the time of booking:
• Castle Combe (£25 upgrade supplement) Adults only
• Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey (£35 upgrade supplement) Limited availability
• All locations are subject to change