• A 75 minute All terrain segway adventure
• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• Private practice session to learn the basics of riding a Segway
• Take on the Segway Skills Assault Course and navigate man made obstacles, ramps, beams and limbo challenges
• Choose a Coastal or Wildlife themed Segway expedition across acres of woodland and gardens
• Exclusive use of a segway for the entire session
• You may be part of a group of up to 10 other Segway riders led by an experienced instructor
• Helmets are provided
What Can I Expect
Explore the lovely Mount Edgcumbe Park on a Segway! Overlooking Plymouth Sound and perched on Torpoint, this is a superb venue for a coastal Segway tour, as you whizz around taking in the views of the Tamar estuary, the wildlife and the grade II listed stately home.
This is not ordinary Segway tour. Just getting here can be an adventure in itself that all the family will love, with most visitors heading over from Plymouth on the historic ferry. Landing at Cremyll it's just a 10 minute walk to the heart of the Mount Edgcumbe estate where your Segway escapade takes place.
After signing in at the Explorer's Outpost, you'll head to the Segway skills area. This secluded paddock area isn't about being a speed demon, it's all about precision driving as you weave in, out and over markers, along wooden beams, under limbos and negotiate tight corners, all at slow speed to get you used to just how these all terrain transporters actually move and work.
Then, if you're up for the challenge it's time to head off on the coastal or wildlife versions of the trek. The coast expedition will see you gliding around on your Segway taking in spectacular panoramas of the Rame Peninsula with Plymouth in the distance.
As well as the beaches and water, there's a whole load of woodland to explore too (just avoid the tree-stumps and fallen branches), the Barn Pool to visit (where Vikings used to land!) and the Avenue Tree Slalom with no less than 23 trees to zig-zag around. And you can finish it all off with a 100ft hill slalom right in front of the posh house!
On the wildlife expedition you'll head to the top of the mount to breathe in those vistas of Plymouth and beyond to give you an idea of where you are. Then you'll head over to the Deer Park (watch out for mud and water splashes on the way) and explore the vast expanse that is the Grotton Plantation - a haven for animals.
Then it's a run down to the folly, boasting another impressive look-out onto Plymouth Sound. Plenty of time for photos at this picturesque spot, before starting the hill climb back up to the house and the famous Earls Drive cruise all the way back to base camp. Whichever route you take on your trusty Segway, Plymouth views, seaside vistas and animal encounters are definitely on the agenda - and of course, both the wildlife and coastal tours are led by a Segway-riding guide.
• Selected weekday and weekend dates from February to December
• Sessions run from 10:00 to 18:00
• Minimum weight 7st, Maximum weight 19 stone
• Minimum age 10
• Under 16's must be accompanied by supervising participating adult who is at least 18 or older
• There is a maximum supervision ratio of one supervising adult (18+) to three participants 15 or under
• Segway riding is not suitable for those who are pregnant or those with high blood pressure, heart conditions, epilepsy or back and neck problems
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
• Extend your day out with a visit to Mount Edgcumbe House and Formal gardens (additional fees apply)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please wear suitable clothing outdoor clothing and flat, soft soled shoes or trainers
• Mount Edgcumbe Country Park, Cornwall
• The venue can be reached via the Cremyll ferry which runs regularly from Plymouth