All sessions last around 1 hour and include an instruction and safety briefing and Segway handling session
Weekday Segway Session
• Tackle the purpose built obstacle course with bumps, see-saws and rope bridges
• You will form part of a relay group taking turns on the Segways as part of a group of up to 12
Weekend Segway Session
• Tackle the obstacle course plus a Safari through open fields and woodland.
• Exclusive use of the Segways (no sharing)
• Max Group size 7
A selection of alternative Segway experiences are available in other areas of the UK, just go to our main
Segway Personal Transporter section for a full list of venues.
What Can I Expect
Our Segway Manchester experience - lots of high adrenaline thrills on a personal transporter! Calling all budding Segway riders from north Staffordshire through Cheshire and right up to Manchester, these thrilling safari-style Segway sessions are challenging and great fun too.
It's well worth travelling down from Manchester for, as this Segway centre boasts a set of specially marked out trails and a tricky little obstacle course for you to get round - and all whilst balancing on your X2 Segway. Luckily this lot know what they are talking about. Not only do they organise and host these Segway riding days, the team also sells and offers training on Segways, so if you're sorely tempted you can actually buy one here too!
What we really like about this location on the very outer most edge of Staffordshire is that you are actually in the middle of a working farm and the estate (complete with country house) is entirely private. And that means all 160 acres for you and your fellow Segwayers - not forgetting a few mooing cows and bleating sheep
As this venue just a few miles from the cityscape of Manchester is still very much a working farm, you can expect well-used muddy tracks that will have you battling to keep the Segway upright as you twist and turn on the rutted routes. It's exhilarating stuff and all on a chunky little two wheel electric wonder machine that silently glides along.
As we said, this centre south of Manchester does have a dedicated obstacle route for Segways. If there's time after your trek out into the wilds of deepest darkest Staffordshire, this is where you'll be glad you've got kitted up in full 'body armour', full-face helmet and knee pads as you weave in and out of the trees, head over the little jumps and even take on the Segway SeeSaw.
This Segway Manchester location offers a great value for money activity that individuals, pairs and even families can enjoy, as the minimum age is just 12 years old. If you're looking for a day out in the countryside of Staffordshire, these Segway sessions are just what you want, as you safari your way around the estate on these well-maintained cross country Segway machines.
• Experiences are available on selected weekdays and most weekend dates from late February to early December
• Sessions start from 10am and then run every hour and a half onwards
• Minimum age 11
• All participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
• Minimum weight 7 stone
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Not suitable for those who are pregnant
• Spectators are welcome and can watch the participants introduction and practice session before waiting back at the on-site cabin
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There is a cafe on-site serving drinks and snacks as well as a picnic area
• The venue is located within 160 acres of countryside in Heaton, around 20 miles South of Manchester near Rushton Spencer. Macclesfield, Stockport and Stoke on Trent are all within easy reach.