Adult Learn To Scuba Dive Lessons
• Spend between one and one and a half hours actually in the water
• A full briefing
• You should allow approximately three hours at your chosen centre
• You'll learn to scuba dive in public or private indoor/outdoor pools with fully qualified instructors
Kids Scuba Diving Lessons
• Centres may vary, but in general the Bubblemaker experience is usually 1.5hrs in total
• At least one hour in the water
• All participants will have a safety briefing before being kitted out
• The sessions take place in indoor/outdoor pools with fully qualified instructors
What Can I Expect
Our discover scuba diving UK introductory lessons for adults and children give an ideal insight to the fascinating underwater world of the deep sea. If you feel comfortable in water and enjoy swimming, you can learn to scuba dive! Beginner divers will be able to 'have a go' with in a safe, controlled environment at one of many centres throughout England.
Learn to scuba dive with experienced diving instructors all having the full PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors) qualifications to ensure you are well looked after both in and out of the water - and when it comes to scuba diving UK centres are renowned as some of the best for beginners. All dive gear, such as masks and regulators are provided. During your learn to scuba dive course, you'll master some of the basic diving concepts and scuba skills such as hand signals and use of equipment. If you've only ever done snorkelling with flippers before, you'll soon appreciate that when you learn to scuba dive at a proper diving school, you open up a whole new world of underwater breathing!
Once you get the hang of it, you will enjoy the exhilaration of the feeling of weightlessness (diver types talk of buoyancy!), whilst breathing under water using the mouthpiece that connects to dive tanks. These discover scuba diving lessons give you plenty of time to put into practice your new found skills in the pool.
For those who take to this sport like a duck to water (excuse the pun!), our taster scuba diving lessons can count towards further scuba diving UK courses if you fancy taking it up as a hobby. For adults, once you have your PADI diver qualification, you'll be itching to do open water diving, wreck diving and even reef diving in the deep blue seas of the world - a little different from scuba diving UK style!
The workshops for young divers are called 'Bubblemaker' scuba diving UK experiences and are offered for youngsters aged eight to 10 years old. The idea is to give children a taste in a fun and safe way, with them being taught the basics of diving, hand signals and breathing whilst being submerged under the water. All our children’s scuba diving UK activities take place at PADI affiliated diving centres and all diving instructors are fully PADI qualified for teaching youngsters.
Submerge yourself in these fantastic Scuba Diving UK lessons and find out what it’s like to swim with the fishes! Whether it’s just for fun or if being able to learn to scuba dive leads you to new horizons, we think you’ll love this divers experience. Are you ready to take the plunge with these scuba diving lessons?
• Scuba diving UK sessions run throughout the year, on selected weekdays and weekends
• Dates and times available vary according to the centre used
• The Bubblemaker activity is open to anyone aged eight years or over, (kids over 10 can take part in the adult version)
• You must be comfortable in the water and able to swim
• Scuba diving UK for adults: suitable for ages 10+, under 18's must be accompanied by an adult.
• To scuba dive safely you should not be extremely overweight or out of condition
• Your respiratory and circulatory systems must be in good health
• A person with coronary disease, a current cold or congestion, epilepsy, a severe medical problem or who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs should not dive
• If you have asthma, heart disease or other chronic medical conditions you should consult your doctor before participating
• A medical statement will need to be completed prior to taking part in any scuba diving lessons
• You will need to take swimwear and a t-shirt to wear in the pool
• As all scuba diving UK locations are different, please check when booking regarding spectators, but as most learn to scuba dive workshops take place at indoor pools with good facilities
• Spectators are usually welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
Scuba diving UK centre locations:
• Berkshire - Crowthorne and Slough
• Birmingham - Solihull *
• Birmingham, Walsall
• Buckinghamshire - Chesham (outdoor pool, summer months only)
• Cambridgeshire - Peterborough
• Hampshire - Aldershot
• Hertfordshire - three venues near Hertford/Ware
• Kent - Maidstone
• Kent - Snodland
• Lancashire - Preston
• London - Chiswick
• North Yorkshire - Harrogate
• Nottinghamshire - Bilborough, Nottingham
• Somerset - Taunton
• Suffolk - Lowestoft and Ipswich*
• Tamworth, Staffordshire
• York - Yorkshire
* Kids Scuba, not available at these locations