All experiences include:
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• In car demonstration from your driving instructor
• Personalised certificate
• 1:1 instruction whilst in the car with 6 drivers taking turns
• Choose from a Subaru Impreza, Escort Mk2 or Subaru Impreza Turbo
• Take part in a series of driving sessions, practicing handbrake turns, then onto the skid pan try out donuts or figure of 8s then drive the rally stage
• Actual time in car is around 15 mins
• Allow approximately 45 minutes for this experience with 1-2 hours on site
Half Day Rally
• Three driving sessions in the practice area
• One session on the authentic loose gravel stage
• Experiences last around 3 hours with approximately 30 minutes in car time
What Can I Expect
A Silverstone rally school experience is the perfect way to the rev up the rallying spirit in motorsports fans everywhere. We are offering quick-blast taster sessions, as well as longer half day workshops for you to hone your rally skills. Pick the car you want, how much driving you want to do and away you go!
Each Silverstone rally session calls on a fleet of rally-specification Mk II Escorts and Subaru Imprezas, all maintained and prepared by a team of in-house mechanics. The bodyshells have been strengthened and roll cages fitted, so you can give it your all, as you throw the car into that hair pin and pull a few sideways drifts round the long, open corners. This is classic rally time in classic rally cars. What's not to love?
For an introduction into the high-octane world of autosport, we think the Silverstone rally taster session is a great debut for first timers. You'll work the training paddock on a short session to hone your handbrake turns and power slides, before being invited to tackle the loose surface rally stage in full.
The half day package offers an extended experience, so you have double the drive time. After those initial training sessions in handbrake turns and then power slides, you get another stint at combining both skills out there, before you head for the Silverstone special gravel stage like a proper rally driver.
The tuition at Silverstone’s rally school, which has been operating since 1982, is of an exceptional standard, as all the instructors are Motor Sport Association licensed, with plenty of international rallying experience under their belts. The team includes founder members of the British Association of Rally Schools, which itself is recognised and approved by the MSA. A great place to start rallying, which is right opposite one of the most famous circuits in the country!
• Weekdays throughout the year (excluding Mondays) with occasional weekend dates
• Morning and afternoon sessions are generally available
Half Day Rally
• Saturdays throughout the year with occasional weekdays
• Sessions start at 09:00 finishing at 12 noon
• A valid UK driving licence will need to be shown on the day
• Maximum height is 6ft 6ins
• Maximum weight is 18 stone
• Spectators are very welcome to watch, there are indoor and outdoor viewing areas with great views of the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• When booking your date for rally tasters or half day it should be specified which model of car you wish to drive
• The rally school is opposite Silverstone race circuit midway between Junction 10 of the M40 and Junction 15a of the M1