• Allow two hours for this white water rafting experience
• A private raft for up to 8 people (maximum of 6 participants between April and September due to low water levels)
• Welcome and safety briefing by your BCU or IRF raft guide
• Raft between Darley Dale to Matlock Bath with low grade white water
• Rafting time is approximately one hour 20 minutes
• All equipment is provided
• Excellent countryside along the river
What Can I Expect
Go white water rafting in the Peak District for a thrilling day out of paddling on the waters around Matlock. The Derbyshire Dales is a lovely location to take to the water, with rolling English countryside, quaint villages and market towns lining the river banks as you go rafting down the river. And the raft will be exclusive to you and your rafting buddies - with a fully qualified instructor at the helm.
As you can imagine, all the instructors are very passionate about river guiding and they know this whole Peak District area really well. The company has been operating on the varied waters around Matlock since 2012 and the location has proved to be a big hit, providing the right mix of sightseeing and whirling rapids to keep everyone happy (and afloat!).
The rafts used by this centre in the Peak District are sturdy enough to withstand big flowing white water. Each one of you will be kitted out in all the safety gear, including the wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet, not forgetting that essential accessory - the paddle.
After a safety briefing where the route and rafting techniques will be explained to you, it's time for your team to clamber into the raft and set off from the bank to head down the river to tackle the white water (don't worry, it's not too scary!).
These white water rafting trips cover around 4.5 miles of the River Derwent in the heart of the Peak District. You’ll be rafting on the gentle white waters from Darley Dale to Matlock Bath, both of which are delightful Derbyshire towns that attract many tourists each year. If you keep an eye out you may also catch sight of the famous High Tor crag as you go down the river.
And don't forget, the price you pay for this white water rafting in Peak District is the price for the whole raft. So get a group of friends, family or work colleagues together and throw yourselves down the River Derwent for some watery fun and games in your own private raft. Of course, you will be getting wet, but that’s the whole point of splashing around and bouncing along in your raft with spray going everywhere!
• Available on selected days throughout the year
• Minimum age 6
• All under 18's must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
• Maximum weight 22 stone
• All participants must be able to swim and feel confident in open water
• Spectators are welcome to watch the departure
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should take a spare pair of trainers that you do not mind getting wet, a towel and sun cream
• Wetsuits can be hired for an additional charge of £3.00 per suit on the day
• Clothing suitable to the weather conditions of the day
• Raft from the River Derwent at Station Road, Matlock, Derbyshire