• Tackle the tracks and trails at this outdoor driving centre on a quad safari
• Initial familiarisation and riding session on the obstacle course to demonstrate your control skills (shared bikes approx 20 mins)
• Head off into the fields and woods onboard your own quad bike
• Your instructor will guide you through acres of woodland trails, fields and natural obstacles (own bike 30 mins)
• Please allow one and a half hours for this experience
• You may be joining a group of up to 10 riders
• All safety equipment and waterproofs are provided
What Can I Expect
Go quad biking in Kent and go on safari! It's not the tropical jungle at this venue in the heart of the Garden of England, but it's just as exhilarating, with a special safari route for quads that criss-crosses the Kentish farmland near West Malling.
These safari experiences are split into two parts. To start, you'll have a bit of a field-based quad session to begin your foray into quad biking Kentish style. The idea here is to get all riders used to their quad and feeling comfortable at the controls. These machines are all automatic, so they are pretty easy to get the hang of.
What might take a little more practice is where you take your quad. You’ll be testing your mettle on acres of undulating farmland, tackling those ups and downs at some speed to prepare for your Kent safari session. As they always say, practice makes perfect and you will need to keep your wits about you as you head around the coned course, to get to grips with the steering, handling and braking on these quads. Drive time for this part of the experience is shared, swapping over quads regularly.
You lucky quad bikers will then have your own machine to head off on the 30 minute trek, with one of the expert team leading the convoy. Hang on tight, it's going to be a bumpy ride as you head over the acres of rolling countryside on paths, weaving in and out of the woods, orchards and open fields. Thrilling stuff indeed in West Malling!
These quad biking in Kent experiences last around one hour in total and that includes the time before you head off on the bikes, where everyone will have a safety briefing and explanation of how to drive the quads. For the safari experience, once you have completed the practice session, you will have your own quad bike for the duration of the ride out.
• Available on most Saturdays throughout the year
• Participants should arrive 15 minutes before their session start time
• Minimum age is 11
• Under 16's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Minimum height 1.4m
• Maximum weight is 20 stone
• Comfortable outdoor clothing and footwear is required
• Spectators are welcome, although viewing may be limited
• No dogs are permitted on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• In wet weather a change of clothes is advisable
• There is an indoor meeting area and drinks machine available
• Near Maidstone in Kent