Ex• Learn the basics of quad bike riding
• Experiences are taken using 150cc non geared New Force quads
• As part of the training you will ride a seesaw on the quad, ride through a coned training circuit
• Instruction on body positioning for various terrain
• Tour around the 100 acre farm to practice your skills
• The remaining time is spent driving through farm land and forests over challenging landscape and hills
• Please allow one hour 15 minutes onsite for this experience
• You may be joining a group of up to 6 riders
What Can I Expect
Get revved up for some pretty cool quad biking in West Sussex! What could be more fun than zipping around a farm estate in the heart of the West Sussex on a powerful quad bike? That’s exactly what you’ll be doing on these fab experiences, so get ready for some serious quad fun.
Drive a few miles north east of Chichester and you’ll soon find yourself in the middle of the South Downs. It’s all very laid back and countrified around these parts, which also means you’ve got loads of space to play in, so you can make the most of the wilds of West Sussex, whizzing around on your quad.
Each rider gets their own machine for the duration of the experience. They’re all fully automatic, so pretty easy to drive. All sessions start with a little paddock time so you can get used to the controls on your trusty metal stead. Once you’ve proved your worth as a quad rider, it’s time to head out on your safari.
Hosted by one of the centre’s instructors, you’ll be heading over grazing farmland (this is where you can pick up some speed!), navigating your way through woodland (watch out for stray branches!), tackling hilly terrain and loads more.
You even get the chance to have a go at negotiating the seesaw. This challenge is all about body positioning, so it takes some concentration (and a bit of bottle too). As those who’ve done it say: ‘it’s thrilling, yet ever so slightly terrifying at the same time’. But once you’ve done it, you’ll be all over it and wanting to do it again and again!
In total these quad biking sessions in West Sussex last around 1.5 hours. In that time you get to listen to a safety briefing, do your paddock practice and then explore some of this 100-acre farm estate. The quad and the full-face helmet are provided for you, so all you need to bring is your enthusiasm for a bit of quad biking in them West Sussex hills!
• Selected Saturday dates with occasional weekdays between April and October
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 4ins
• Comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting muddy is recommended
• Please wear trainers/sensible shoes
• A driving licence is not required
• Spectators are welcome although due to the nature of the activity viewing is limited
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You will form part of a small group. In the unlikely event minimum numbers are not reached your date will be rescheduled
• On a 100 acre farm in Chichester, West Sussex