• A unique quad biking experience driving large 250-450cc quad bikes
• 20 minute safety briefing and introduction
• Practice skills in the training field before heading out to 'the jungle' course, tackling steep hills and water filled ditches
• Navigate your way through thick undergrowth
• Expect to get dirty, stuck and tired
• Instructors will demonstrate techniques to get you out if tricky situations (tow ropes and axes are a last resort)
• All equipment including safety helmet, overalls and goggles are provided
• Please allow up to three hours for this experience
• You will generally form part of a group of 4-6 participants, accompanied by 2 radio-equipted instructors
What Can I Expect
When you go quad biking here in the north east it’s extreme! Prepare to battle Mother Nature with your trusty quad bike stead, as you take on the Jungle Challenge. You’ll need to be fearless, strong and full of courage. Let’s see if you’ve got what it takes!
You’ll be quad biking on the impressive Matfen Hall estate. This is the nearest outdoor activity centre to Newcastle, yet it feels like you’re properly in the wilds, with acres of countryside to explore.
To get you warmed up you’ll practice in the training field, including the unique artificial forest. Once you’ve cracked that one, there’s time for a nifty game of quad footer, which is a crazy combination of football and an agility course. And as you can well imagine, it’s a right laugh.
After the giggles of that game, you’re deemed ready for the big one. It’s time to embark on your quad adventure in the north east. Forging through the jungle, you’ll come face to face with mud, dirt, thick undergrowth, slopes and deep water-filled ditches like you’ve never seen before on a quad trek.
It’s so extreme that the team at Matfen Hall say that at some point you WILL get stuck. And that means pushing, pulling or even towing your way out of your sticky situation (The RAC won't help you here). Even axes have to be used sometimes to deal with fallen trees. Everyone gets stuck in (‘scuse the pun!) to help get you out and that’s all part of the fun of these sessions.
Weaving in and out of woodland, getting wedged in the most slippy sideslopes ever and generally having an absolute ball on your quad, it’s time to return to base. Back in civilisation, you’ll find there are plenty of watering holes around (including a brewery!) where you can quench your thirst. Surely this is the best quadding in the whole of the country?
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 16
• Reasonable upper body strength is required to control the bikes on the demanding terrain
• Participants taller than 6ft 3ins and/or with a chest size larger than 52" may have difficulty accessing or controlling these vehicles
• Not suitable if you have back, neck or heart problems or during pregnancy
• Not suitable for spectators, due to the nature of the activity
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should be aware this is not your usual quad trek/safari. This is a quad challenge!
• Matfen Hall Country House Hotel
• Conveniently located a 20 minute drive from Newcastle city centre