• Woodland quad trekking experience
• Safety briefing and instruction on driving the quads
• Tackle a range of natural and man-made obstacles
• Drive a full sized Kymco quad bike
• All equipment is provided including crash helmets and gloves
• You will drive the quad for a full 45 minutes
• Please allow approximately one hour on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Want to go quad biking near Manchester? You’ve come to the right place! Located near the M60 at Eccles, just a few miles west from the Trafford Centre, you’ll find Botany Bay Woods. This is where you’ll also find a fleet of quads waiting for you drive on a fun and thrilling trek experience.
It’s a case of follow the leader on these quad treks in Manchester. Your instructor will head up the pack and you’ll head off into the woodland on the tracks and trails. It’s pretty dense with trees in there, so you’ll be dodging branches, rolling over tree stumps, splashing through mud and sliding on those leaf-filled paths.
As well as all the natural obstacles to face, you’ll be tackling some man made ones too. They could be seesaws, jumps, bumps and all manner of tricky things to test your quad biking prowess. Of course, the idea is to enjoy yourself, so you’ll be encouraged to push your limits, but you won’t be out of your comfort zone. It’s all about having a good time, after all.
The quad bikes used by this Manchester team couldn’t be easier to ride. They are fully automatic, so it’s literally a handlebar and brake levers, just like riding a bicycle, except you don’t have the hassle of having to pedal. The power is all there, you just need to concentrate on steering and picking that right line through the trees.
What’s more, with unpredictable weather, no two quad sessions in Manchester are the same. All that will be covered in the pre-trek briefing, so you know what to expect. If it’s been raining, there’ll be lots of mud, if it’s bone dry out there, you’ll be getting the dust flying. With that all in mind, it’s prudent to dress for getting mucky and coveralls are available for a small fee locally. Just don’t wear a pair of box fresh white trainers for this!
The whole site covers around 300 acres, so there’s plenty to explore and discover when you go quad biking in Manchester. You’ll be out there for a total of around 45-minutes (depending on group size) and you’ll have your own, full-size quad for the duration of the session.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Bookings for individuals run on selected dates only
• Participants should arrive at least 10 minutes before the session start time to get kitted up with a helmet and gloves
• Minimum age 16
• A good, general level of fitness is required
• Spectators are welcome although due to the nature of this activity viewing is limited
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear should be worn
• Arms and legs must be covered
• Overalls are available if required for £3 per person
• Refreshments are available to purchase
• On site toilet facilities
• Botany Bay Woods, Eccles, Manchester