• Vouchers are valid or either a Kayak or Stand-up Paddleboard trip
• Day trip through Herefordshire on the River Wye
• All equipment is provided
• Trips are led by qualified BCU coaches
• Stop for a river side picnic (please bring your own)
• Optional session on Symonds Yat rapids at the end of the day (kayak trips only)
• Allow around 6 hours for this experience
• You will form part of a group
What Can I Expect
Go for a lovely day out paddle boarding or kayaking on the River Wye! When it comes to idyllic places to paddle, the River Wye in Herefordshire is simply one of the best. It’s so calm, beautiful and natural, it feels far removed from the hustle and bustle of modern life.
We are offering day trips to paddle on the River Wye in a kayak or on a stand up paddle board. Sessions aren’t mixed, so you’ll either be a paddle boarding group or a kayaking group for your day out. Setting off around 10:30 and arriving back at between 16:30 and 17:00, you’ll enjoy a whole day out paddling, discovering and having fun.
All trips are hosted and guided by fully qualified British Canoe Union instructors. They know this wonderful area of the Wye well and there’s lots to see as you paddle. This very natural habitat is home to all sorts of wildlife, from Salmon to rare birds and hopefully you’ll be able to spot some residents as you paddle gently along stream.
You’ll be setting off from Kerne Bridge. A small hamlet just south of Ross-on-Wye, this is a great place to easily access the Wye. The river runs a total of 134 miles from its source in mid-Wales to the Severn Estuary. The section of the Wye you’ll be kayaking or SUPing on is a popular tourist attraction, as you’re in the heart of the Wye Valley Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The river meanders gently along, past the likes of Welsh Bicknor and English Bicknor, to remind you how close you are to the border.
Although these trips are at a relaxed pace, you will need to already know how to kayak or paddle board, as you will be covering quite some distance on these sessions. You’ll also need to bring a picnic, as you’ll be stopping off riverside for a rather pleasant al fresco lunch break as part of your day.
If you choose the kayak trip on the Wye, you will have the opportunity to ride Symonds Yat Rapids, the gentle man-made feature that gives your paddle day on the River Wye a little adrenaline-filled finish.
• Selected dates May to September
• Meeting time is usually 10.30am with a finish time of 4.30/5pm
• Minimum age 16
• Not suitable for complete beginners as it is a long day paddling
Anything Else I Need To Know?
You will need to bring;
• A packed lunch for you picnic by the river
• Footwear such as old trainers, sandals or beach shoes
• Sun screen and a sun hat
• A towel
• A change of clothes & shoes
• Shower and changing facilities are available
• Kerne Bridge (nr Ross on Wye)
• Exact departure points will be provided upon booking