• Learn the art of track driving at Three Sisters circuit
• Experience the thrill of driving your own car at speed
• Explore its capabilities in a safe, controlled and relaxed environment
• Full safety briefing before track time starts
• Seven 15-minute sessions throughout the day
• One hour break for lunch (not included)
• Cones are placed on the circuit to aid effective braking and to assist with mastering the racing line
• Maximum of 10 cars on track at any one time
What Can I Expect
Experience the thrill of driving your own car on a Three Sisters track day! This famous professional race circuit near Wigan opens its doors so you can take part in a track day in your own car. This is your chance to really test the capabilities of your car and your driving.
The idea of these own car track days at Three Sisters is to open up driving your road car or track car around a circuit with separate groups for novices, road cars and track cars. No pressure, certainly no racing and a relaxed atmosphere is conducive to learning all about the art of track craft.
And no, you don’t need a fancy pants sports car for these track day events. Far from it in fact. As long as your car is in good roadworthy condition with fully working seatbelts, you can take it onto the track. You’ll also need to pass a static noise test, where the limit is 105db(A) - a standard road/track car will have no problem with this.
After that, it’s over to you to see what you and your trusty car can do. With so much traffic on the roads and speed cameras everywhere, you can’t deny it’s tempting to be able to open up the throttle and drive fast - and all done in a safe and controlled environment.
Don’t worry if you’ve never driven on a track before, let alone taken your own car out there. The circuit is marked out with cones to show you braking points, turn-in points and the apex of the bends. All drivers are divided into groups according to ability/type of car, so that you’ll be out on the track with drivers of a similar level, for your seven x 15-minute sessions spread throughout the day.
You’ll need a full-face helmet to take part in these track days and these can be hired from Three Sisters (along with a balaclava which can be bought). You can also pay locally for extras such as in-car coaching and driver technique classroom training. You can even take a passenger with you, to experience the thrills of driving around the circuit.
So whether you’re out there in your classic Mini Cooper, a track car or putting your newly acquired Ford Focus to the test, this is a unique chance for you to drive your own car in a very special setting. If you’ve always fancied the idea of ‘seeing what your car can do’, these Three Sisters track days are the perfect opportunity to give track driving a go!
• Selected dates throughout the year
• Sessions start at 08:00 finishing around 17:00
• Minimum age 17
• Drivers must hold a full UK driving licence to be shown on the day
• Current vehicle MOT certificate must be produced for the road legal car group
• One guest aged over 17 may ride as a passenger in the car with you
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action from the designated viewing areas
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Drivers and passengers must wear a suitable crash helmet (not off road style motorcycle helmets) Full face helmets can be hired for £5 on the day if required
• You must wear a balaclava, please either bring one with you or you can purchase one for £2.50
• Suitable clothing must be worn, legs and arms must be covered at all times while on the circuit
• Driving standards are monitored throughout the event and drivers exhibiting poor or dangerous driving are removed from the circuit
• Almost all road cars are suitable for use as long as they meet the safety and noise limit requirement (please check if unsure)
• Hot food and refreshments can be purchased from the on site Three Sisters Cafe
• There is no requirement for your car to be insured on a track day
• Whilst accidents on track days are rare, by using your own car on track you do so entirely at your own risk, so it is important to check with your insurer if required
Optional extras available on the day
• Additional driver: Share your drive time with one other person for £25
• 1-to-1 Instruction: Two 15 minute sessions with an experienced instructor £60
• Novice Classroom Sessions: Introduction to circuit driving techniques £60
• Three Sisters Circuit, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan