• Experience a thrilling themed murder mystery evening
• A four course dining experience with tea/coffee onboard first class dining carriages hauled by a vintage steam locomotive
• Interact with crew and passengers to solve the whodunit as you steam through the Leicestershire countryside
• You'll travel a total distance of approximately 16 miles on the only double track mainline heritage railway in England
• Stop en-route at the beautiful Edwardian Gas lit Rothley station where a key scene of the mystery is usually played out
• You'll also receive a ticket which enables unlimited travel on the railway the day after the dinner
• There are 5 different Murder Plots that run on selected dates throughout the year: Another Openin', Another Murder, The Going Is Fatal, Murder On The Home Front, I Die With My Little Spy and Christmas To The Sound Of The Slay Bells
What Can I Expect
All aboard the Murder Mystery Train departing Loughborough station at half past seven! Step back to a time when detectives had impressive moustaches and the whole murderous scenario happened in the middle of luxury steam trains journeys. Here's your invite to ride on one of the UKs best-loved murder mystery trains.
The drama starts on the platform before you’ve even boarded the train. You might hear snippets of an argument, spot some passengers getting in a flutter, or even witness the Station Master’s cries on discovering a body in the waiting room. Pay attention dear passenger, as a murder could be committed in the train, on the line or at the station!
Your role will be to help unravel the mystery unfolding before your very eyes as the train rolls along the Great Central Railway line. This is murder and the mystery must be resolved before anyone can get off the train. You are all implicated as witnesses, or maybe even suspects.
As one might say, ‘murder is with us now’ and be it DI Archie Bauls or MI6 agent Mister Lee investigating, you’ll be expected to help with the interrogations of passengers and staff alike.
During all of this you’ll be enjoying a sumptuous four course gourmet dinner too. While you're tucking into your entrée, you might notice someone onboard behaving oddly. Take note of everything going on around you as the murderer is sure to be among you...
Throughout the evening on this wonderfully imaginative murder mystery train on the UKs only double-track main line heritage railway, you will meet some wonderful characters, all of whom will definitely make an impression!
With any luck, by the time you're sipping on an after dinner coffee, you will have the murder mystery train's perpetrator well and truly framed. This is a superb night out that combines delicious food, with the romance and mystery of steam train travel. It’s a murder mystery departure well worth making the journey from all over the UK for!
• Selected dates throughout the year
• The adventure starts at 19:00 and the train usually returns around 22:00
• All dates are subject to availability
• Due to the popularity of this experience please book early to avoid disappointment
• Minimum age is 18
• Spectators are not permitted on this experience however additional guests are welcome to visit the railway normal operating times each weekend.
• Runabout tickets are available to purchase for £14 giving unlimited travel on the line.
• The station has an excellent cafe, gift shop and museum on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Additional drinks can be purchased from the onboard licenced bar
• To ensure the widest range of dates for guests, tables for four may also be available as an option for couples who are happy to share a table
• Loughborough Central Station