• Experience a thrilling themed evening on board a 1st Class Murder Mystery train with a 5 course gourmet dinner
• Interact with crew and passengers to solve the whodunit as you steam through the Leicestershire countryside
• The adventure starts at 7.00pm and the train usually returns around 10.00pm
• You'll travel a total distance of approximately 16 miles on the only double track mainline heritage railway in England, stopping en-route at the beautiful Edwardian Gas lit Rothley station where a key scene of the mystery is usually played out.
• You'll also receive a ticket which enables unlimited travel on the railway the day after the dinner
• There are 4 different Murder Plots that run on selected dates throughout the year; The Last Connection, 'Allo 'Allo - Resistance is Futile, A Holiday to Die For - 1950's and Away Day to Murder
Why not extend your Murder mystery trip to a weekend, see our Murder Mystery Breaks page for more details.
What Can I Expect
All aboard the Murder Mystery Train departing Loughborough station at half past seven! Step back in time to when detectives had impressive moustaches and the whole murderous scenario happened in the middle of luxury steam trains journeys. Here's your invite to one of the UKs best-loved murder mystery trains.
As well as unravelling the murder mystery unfolding before your very eyes as the train rolls along the Great Central Railway line, you also get to enjoy a sumptuous five course gourmet dinner too. But while you're tucking into your chicken and mushroom pate entrée, you might notice someone onboard this very special train departure has disappeared...odd. Or your carriages may just be rolling into the station when the train stops... to the shouts of "There's a dead on the line" from the station master.
One thing's for sure, it's murder and the mystery must be resolved before anyone can get off the train. As diners on the train, you are all implicated as witnesses, or maybe even suspects. As one might say, 'The murderer is with us now' and DI Archie Bauls will be stepping onto your train to investigate - and you'll be expected to help with his interrogations of passengers and staff alike.
Throughout the evening on this wonderfully imaginative murder mystery train departing from the UKs only double track main line heritage railway, you will meet some wonderful characters, such as Mrs Bouffet-Carr who runs the steam railway station canteen, May Bee the innocent looking office girl, or clock restorer and steam train enthusiast Nev Erlayte.
With any luck by the time you're sipping on an after dinner coffee, you will have the murder mystery train's perpetrator well and truly framed! A superb night out that combines delicious food, with the romance and mystery of steam train travel and well worth making the journey from all over the UK for!
Check out our main gifts section for an amazing selection of gift ideas tailored for your special occasion from IntotheBlue. Alternatively, visit our main steam train trips page for more information on the great selection of steam train experiences available for you or your family.
• Murder Mystery Dinners run on regular Friday evenings from March to November
• All dates are subject to availability
• Due to the popularity of this experience please book early to avoid disappointment
• To ensure the widest range of dates for guests, tables for four may also be available as an option for couples who are happy to share a table
• Minimum age is 18
• Spectators are not permitted on this experience however additional guests are welcome to visit the railway normal operating times each weekend.
• Runabout tickets are available to purchase for £14 giving unlimited travel on the line.
• The station has an excellent cafe, gift shop and museum on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Loughborough Central Station