• A one to one meerkat experience
• Welcome and safety briefing by a highly trained keeper
• Learn about the meerkats and meet them personally inside their enclosure
• Allow thirty minutes for this activity
• A hot drink is included
• Plenty of photo opportunities
What Can I Expect
Discover your own corner of Meerkovo here in the UK with this adorable Meerkat Experience! Get to know these furry, inquisitive creatures on a one-to-one basis in the company of the centre’s expert meerkat keeper and fall in love all over again with these cute critters.
Despite not being a native species in the UK, meerkats have proven to be eternally popular with animal lovers of all ages. This East Sussex adventure park has a splendid Wild Kingdom area that is home to several nimble, lively meerkats and these experiences give you the chance to get up close and learn about their individual and lovable personalities.
On the day of your visit, the experienced meerkat trainer will lead you right inside the enclosure, where you'll be invited to take a seat, ready to watch what unfolds.
The stars of the show are Tandia and Tyrian along with the rest of their family. Meerkats are naturally very curious and are often keen to get to know their visitors, so don't surprised if one comes right up to you and decides to explore. Even if they keep their distance, you're bound to see them standing on their hind legs looking over towards you in that classic meerkat pose, so make sure you bring your camera!
Each meerkat experience in East Sussex is offered on a one-to-one basis to give you a truly memorable visit, but you can invite up to two spectators to watch and capture on film the goings on from the other side of the enclosure. The keeper will also give you interesting facts and information about meerkats in general, as well as more specific details of the two you’ll be working with, making comparing these meerkats (excuse the pun!) adorably easy.
These behind-the-scenes sessions make fantastic gifts for animal lovers and you only have to look at these bright-eyed bundles of fur to fall in love. Why not treat yourself or someone special to one of our unforgettable meerkat experiences and mark that occasion with a day to remember?
Spending time with the meerkats is just one of many exciting experiences that are on offer, so be sure to check out the great choice of IntotheBlue experience days we have available. Simples!
• Available on selected weekdays and weekend dates throughout the year
• Sessions generally operate from 3-3.30pm between November and March and 4-4.30pm March to October
• Minimum age 8
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Long sleeved clothing and long trousers must be worn with closed in flat shoes
• A maximum two guests aged over 18 are welcome free of charge
• Guests will remain outside of the meerkat enclosure
• Guide dogs only are allowed on site
• Ample free parking with numerous cafes and restaurants
• Picnics welcome with out door picnic tables available
• Disabled facilities
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should be aware that meerkats may scratch at camera lenses; the venue cannot take responsibility for personal possessions
• Drinks and snacks can be purchased from the on-site cafe
• Knockhatch, Hailsham, East Sussex
• On the A22 nine miles north of Eastbourne