A Meerkat Experience for Two People
• Hand feed the meerkats and help with their enrichment
• Opportunity to handle the meerkats
• Entry to the Wildlife Park*
• Please allow one hour for this experience
• You will be in a group of up to 4 people
Serval, Lemur and Meerkat Experience for Two People
• Get up close and personal with all 3 iconic animals
• Opportunity to handle the animals
• Feed the Lemurs whilst they sit on your shoulder
• Meet the Servals, a close relative of the Cheetah
• Entry to the Wildlife Park*
* If you choose to do your experience between November and March when the park its self is closed to the public you will receive a voucher for entry to redeem at a later date
What Can I Expect
So cute, so fluffy and with that cheeky little smile - that's the Meerkat experience! You will be able to meet the Meerkats at this animal park in Telford. The session will be hosted by the centre's Meerkat keeper, who will introduce you to this brilliantly eccentric little animal - and maybe some of their other mammal friends too.
Your Meerkat encounter will see you meeting Kovu and Uuka. Both of these adorable creatures have been hand reared by the keeper team here in Shropshire, so they are really quite tame. If they like the look (or rather the smell) of you, they might well snuggle up against you and may even have a little snooze in your arms or on your lap!
As well as getting to handle the Meerkats on this encounter, you will also learn all about their natural habitat, lifestyle and how they are reared. Then you'll be able to help out at feeding time too. It has to be said, you can't help but fall for these gorgeous and rather eccentric little animals.
If you opt for the longer tour, you will also meet two other species of mammal. The rather formidable Serval is a quick-on-its-feet African wild cat that looks like a baby relative of the cheetah. These feline funksters can run at speeds of up to 50mph and jump effortlessly to over 9ft in the air. However, rather than running all over the place, Duma and Zeus are very inquisitive Servals and love nothing more than have a good old rifle through rucksacks and hand-bags. In our experience, they are just as cheeky as the Meerkats!
Then it's over to meet Benny and Joon the black and white ruffled Lemurs. These very pretty animals with those big dark eyes and teeny hands and feet are very much an endangered species, so it is a delight to see this fine and healthy pair in residence alongside the Servals and Meerkats that you met earlier.
Whether you long to give a Meerkat a cuddle, or just love the way they stand on their hind legs with their paws in the air, this Meerkat experience is definitely for you. If you fancy meeting Meerkats and other animals, we recommend the extended encounter where you meet Meerkats, Lemurs and Servals, all under the guidance of the Meerkat keeper, of course.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Experiences take place from 1-2pm and 2-3pm
• Early booking is essential to avoid disappointment
• The Wildlife Park is closed during November and from Christmas Eve until 22nd March. Although experiences take place during this time, the park itself will not be accessible
• Due to the popularity of this experience please book well in advance to avoid disappointment
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Minimum age 6
Serval, Lemur and Meerkat Experience
• Minimum age 10
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This experience takes part in a small group of 4 people
• Telford, Shropshire