• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 6 miles driving the McLaren 570s
• Individual driving certificate
• Allow around 2 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Oh.My.Word. This the moment the McLaren 570S comes to a track day near you! The McLaren sport series is a superlative selection of sporting masterpieces and this experience gives you the chance to actually take one of them, the 570S, round a proper race track. Nice.
As you probably already know, each and every McLaren car is lovingly hand-built in Woking. And it’s a very specialist outfit, selling fewer than 2000 cars a year. So whilst the cars are already pretty rare on the public roads, it’s even rarer to actually have the chance to be driving one on a race circuit, so what are you waiting for
Let us tell you a bit more about the 570S. Well, you guessed it, it’s named after the horsepower. Pushing out 562bhp from the 3.8l V8 engine, this rear wheel drive lightweight car boasts a 0-62mph time of just 3.2seconds.
Unveiled at the 2015 New York motor show, this is McLaren trying to capture the ‘everyday supercar’ market, with the aim of being highly drivable and more practical than you’d imagine for such a fancy car. That means there’s even storage and luggage space and nice comfy leather upholstery for that cruising rather than racing feel. Mind you, it still costs upwards of £140,000…
So now you’ve been introduced to the car (which, we might add, retains those distinctive gull-wing doors so loved by McLaren Automotive) the next question is how long will you be at the helm of this car for? The answer is simple. You will be at mission control of this beast for six delectable miles.
The 570s is a bit like the young agile Lion of the McLaren pack. Let’s see if you can tame the McLaren 570S during your session on the track. Time to roar away from the pit lane…
• Selected weekdays and weekends from March to November
• Minimum age 17
• You must hold a full driving licence and take this with you on the day
• Minimum height 5ft
• Maximum height 6'5"
• Maximum weight is 19 stone
• Friends and family are welcome to come and watch
• Dogs are not permitted at any location
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Optional Collision Waiver Indemnity is available to purchase at the venue
• Trainers of soft soled shoes should be worn
• Food and refreshments are available to purchase on site
• Prestwold Driving Centre, Leicestershire (1.8 mile circuit)
• Elvington, Yorkshire (1.5 mile circuit)
Available for an upgrade payable when booking
• Mallory Park, Kirkby Mallory available weekdays only (1 mile circuit) £10 supplement