Vintage Bus Tour & Cruise
• 3.5 hour tour of London on a 1950's Open Top Routemaster bus
• Highlights include Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral, Tower of London
• Live professional guide
• Great views of London and photostop at Tower of London
• A River Trip on the Thames
• See the changing of the guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace (AM tours only)
Vintage Bus Tour & Afternoon Tea
In addition to tour & cruise itinerary this also includes
• An Afternoon Tea onboard the boat
• Enjoy a choice of selected teas and scones with a glass of Champagne
Vintage Bus Tour & Fish & Chips
In addition to the tour and cruise itinerary
• Fish & Chips lunch with tea or coffee in a traditional London pub in Victoria
What Can I Expect
See the changing of the guards, the Houses of Parliament and the bustling West End, all from the elevated vantage point of a vintage London open top bus! Add to this a cruise on the river (with the optional extra of a delicious afternoon tea onboard) or maybe even a pitstop for fish & chips in Victoria and you've got yourself a fun-packed full day in the capital.
What we love about these experiences is that it's a genuine, fully restored Routemaster double decker that you'll be riding on for your open top bus tour. These iconic red buses pounded the streets of London for years and have been slowly phased out and replaced, but the original Routemaster, without doubt, holds a big place in the heart of Londoners and tourists alike.
All our open top bus packages start with a comprehensive tour of the capital on the double decker bus, departing from Victoria Coach Station. Taking to those fabled streets of London, your onboard guide will give a running commentary, filled with facts and anecdotes about what you can see, as you head past the likes of Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and St Paul's Cathedral. What we love about being on these London open top buses is that fact that you get to see so much more than if you were walking around and you void those tired aching feet!
Once you reach the famous Tower of London your open top bus will stop and your tour continues on another mode of transport - a boat! Setting sail from the pier right outside the Tower, you will have the pleasure of seeing the sights from the water as you head on a short cruise up stream. if you’ve opted for the afternoon tea add-on, you’ll be served your Hight Tea onboard.
Alighting at Westminster, your distinctive open top bus will be waiting to whisk you off to Buckingham Palace. And if it's a morning tour, you may well see the changing of the guards ceremony. An amazing sight to behold, complete with soldiers dressed in bright red tunics, busbies and shoes so shiny you could see your face in them.
If you book the 'Tour and Cruise' or ‘Tour & Tea’ voucher, this is where your experience ends. For the ‘Tour & Fish and Chips’ package, it's all aboard the bus again for the next part of your open topped excursion. You’ll be taken to a traditional pub in Victoria, where you’ll enjoy a classic fish and chips lunch.
If you're staying overnight in the capital and want to go on a London open top bus tour, it's possible to be picked up from over 140 hotels around the city, making it easy to get to the departure point. The open top bus tour, cruise and tea takes place in the afternoon, whilst the tour and lunch is a morning departure. The tour and cruise only option is offered both mornings and afternoons.
• Summer months: Daily
• Winter months: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
• January-February: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only
• Bus and Cruise Tours and Fish and Chip Tours generally depart at 07:45 or 13:00 from Victoria
• Afternoon Tea Tours usually depart 13.00 from Victoria
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• If there is no changing of the guards scheduled, you will stop to take photos in front of Buckingham Palace
• Tours depart and return to Victoria Coach Station
(afternoon Tea Tours end at Victoria Coach Station)