• Ultimate head to head battle between a Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo and a Ferrari 458
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 3 sighting laps as a passenger to learn the racing lines and braking points
• 1 High speed passenger lap in a sports saloon (Mitsubishi Evo X, Subaru Impreza WRX STI or BMW M3)
• Drive the Lamborghini and the Ferrari for 8 laps in each
• Each lap is approximately 1km
• Performance driving debrief with your instructor
• Experiences last approximately one and a half hours
Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo
• 5.2 litre V10 engine
• 620bhp through an Xtrac sequential gearbox
Ferrari 458 Challenge
• 4.5-litre V8 engine
• 562bhp and revs all the way to 9000rpm!
What Can I Expect
Get set for the Lamborghini vs Ferrari race car experience! Take two of the world’s finest names in supercars, transform them into true race cars, put them on the track and drive them. That’s what this thrilling experience is all about and you will be the one driving in both cars.
The Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo and the Ferrari 458 Challenge were both specifically built for their respective single series racing championships of the same name. That’s to say, a whole bunch of Lamborghini Super Trofeos would race each other in the Super Trofeo series and would a fleet of Ferrari 458 Challenges competed in the Challenge series. So as you can see, these are proper race-going versions of the road cars - and they are awesome!
Both are resplendent in their race livery, right down to the custom paintwork, the super low profile race tyres and the unmistakably large whale tail rear spoilers and skirts. Both certainly look the part, but what do they have under the bonnet?
Well, on paper the Lambo has the edge with the 5.2l V10 620bhp engine, whilst the Ferrari cruises in with the 4.5l V8 562bhp engine. But this is the ultimate Lamborghini vs Ferrari race shakedown and there’s no telling which of these Italian supercar racers you’ll prefer.
Your experience will start with a welcome and driver briefing on things like racing lines and track etiquette. Then it’s out to check out the track as a passenger in a sports saloon for four laps, one of which will be at high speed. Then, with an instructor by your side, you’ll drive the Lamborghini Super Trofeo for eight laps and the Ferrari Challenge for eight laps as well.
The prancing horse (the cavallino rampante) is the iconic logo of Ferrari, whereas the bull ready to charge (after the sign of the zodiac of founder Ferruccio Lamborghini) is the badge sitting proudly on the Lamborghini - but who will win the battle? Only you can decide, but one thing's sure, you will have an amazing time finding out on this thrilling Lamborghini vs Ferrari race car experience at Bovingdon Circuit in Hertfordshire.
• Selected weekdays throughout the year
• Upgrades to include Saturday mornings are available for £39 when booking your date
• Experiences are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft, maximum 6ft 1ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 18 stone
• A full manual driving licence is required
• Participants must be physically fit with no serious health conditions
• This experience may not be suitable for those with impaired hearing, due to the nature of driver instruction required
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Flat soled shoes must be worn
• Glasses must be worn if needed
• Refreshments and snacks are available to purchase onsite
• Drivers will need to sign a form accepting risk and vehicle damage liability of £1400+VAT alternatively a £25 Collision Damage waiver can be paid to zero the excess
• Bovingdon Airfield, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire