• 1:1 fly fishing experience
• Learn or improve on your fly-fishing techniques, with expert tuition from an experienced guide
• Your guide will teach you about the kit, setting up the tackle, fly casting and all other aspects of the craft
• All fishing equipment and permits are included (waders can be rented if required)
Introduction to Fly Fishing
• Two hour taster session
Half Day Fly Fishing
• Sessions last around four hours
Full Day Fly Fishing
• Allow approximately 8 hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
There’s no better way to enjoy the Lake District than fly fishing for the day on tranquil waters! This is River Eden fishing at its best, in the heart of the very lovely Eden Valley. Whether it’s a two hour taster, a half day or a full day of fishing, it’s going to be a very pleasant time on the watercourses of the Eden.
Based around stretches of the river near Temple Sowerby, you’re in the heart of the Eden Valley for these fly fishing experiences. It’s all about flowing rivers and forests around these parts, flanked on one side by the Lake District National Park, the North Pennines on the other and the Yorkshire Dales below.
The Eden has its source at Black Fell Moss and twists and winds along the Eden Valley to its mouth at Solway Firth. Rich in wild grayling and trout, you’ll be trying your luck fly fishing on some fruitful stretches. Actually, it’s less about luck and more about having the ‘insider knowledge’ of your angling coach...
And that person is Stuart Wardle, an expert and highly experienced fly fisher who knows the Lake District very well, including the best spots to cast. He's a dab hand at recommending local Inns and hostelries too, which is handy if you want to make a weekend of your River Eden fishing expedition and find a nice room in a local pub.
But back to the fishing. Everything you need for a fly fishing lesson in this tranquil area on the edge of the Lake District is provided for you. If you think you might be taking a wade out into the waters of the River Eden, your fly fishing host even has waders you can hire. He really has thought of everything.
What’s more, all coaching is bespoke to you. Maybe you’ve only just taken up fly fishing and want to learn the basics on the River Eden? Perhaps you’ve done a fair bit of casting already, but want to improve your technique? Or it could be that you’ve never even had the chance to say ‘gone fishing’ before? Whatever your goals, hopes and aims, teaching is entirely geared to you. Time to book your Lake District fly fishing session and see if you can get your catch reeled in.
• Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• All dates and timings are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Due to the nature of this experience it is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• If waders are required these can be hired for an additional charge of £20 payable on the day
• The River Eden, Eden Valley, near Penrith, Cumbria